frustrated sdc swinger

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do I find gold with the sdc yes 30 bits. But man I am over the head phone
Conector. Head phones pulled out of plug. Got Nenads conector. Now it's wires have come out of the conector. Out at clermont with all the top leaves and scrapping coil on ground makes it hard with out head phones. Minelab might make the best detectors but there are areas where they fall behind big time. My rant for the day.

Oh dear.... Sounds like you have had better days!

I have been having a similar issue with my B & Z booster, where the lead connects to the sdc head phone port it doesn't appear to be a tight connection - I have to fiddle with it at least 5 times a day because the sound just drops out, I am sure its only going to get worse!

polky said:
Do I find gold with the sdc yes 30 bits. But man I am over the head phone
Conector. Head phones pulled out of plug. Got Nenads conector. Now it's wires have come out of the conector. Out at clermont with all the top leaves and scrapping coil on ground makes it hard with out head phones. Minelab might make the best detectors but there are areas where they fall behind big time. My rant for the day.
Yeah it is a pain. Haven't had the issue myself but have seen it. What I did was cable tie the headphone socket end of Nenads adapter lead to the SDC cover. This seems to absorb most inadvertent pulling etc. at the cable tie rather than the SDC end socket/lead join.
I also use a curly lead - it to is cable tied to the SDC cover where it plugs into the headphone socket of Nenads lead; again absorbing most of the inadvertent pulling. The curly lead in itself also reduces strain & allows freer movement.
I don't use the headphones at all anymore. A booster/speaker with volume control gives much better sound in my opinion. Last time I did try the headphones they seemed to be too quiet after being using boosters. Minelab make great detectors for gold hunting but in my opinion do need to do some cross pollination of R&D with mother company Codan to improve stock audio!

GoldenTimes said:

I have been having a similar issue with my B & Z booster, where the lead connects to the sdc head phone port it doesn't appear to be a tight connection - I have to fiddle with it at least 5 times a day because the sound just drops out, I am sure its only going to get worse!
It may be the B&Z booster lead not the connection. They are sensitive to any pulling etc. & the fine audio wires can break easily. If it's the old type it's not an easy fix for those not good with electronics. If it's the new type with a removable lead try another lead in it.
Cable tieing connection points to something reasonably secure also prevents issues with the B&Z or any audio leads. Curly leads are a must in my opinion on the SDC. Much better for movement & reducing strain. I prefer the heavy duty guitar leads (made for heavy metal movement :lol: ) & haven't had one fail yet.

Hi guys...Gals.

I am happy to fix the BZ booster. Done a few and also cleaned them up a bit.

As to the connector from Nenad also happy to have a look fix. Am sure Nenad will be OK with me having a look, but you may wish to check first...

(am away until 1st week June - but happy to start any repairs on my return - so you can send earler)

However you need to keep your eyes open for a new Product that Nenad will be testing very soon.

Weather proof, Fast response, sound boost, LI rechargeable, USB magnetic charge cable for the transmitter, 3.5 or 6.5 to the detector, easy to attach and light weight

More info and reviews once Nenad does some extensive testing on a number of machines in the field...

1432091903_11238258_1107310202616913_5258412035987116129_n.jpg

1432092407_wire-free_ace_medium.jpg

1432092407_wire-free_6.35_charge_medium.jpg

1432092407_wirefree_6.35_pack_medium.jpg

The wireless set looks interesting.
Can I ask whether they'd be likely to cause EMI on a sensitive detector?
Cheers,

Edit: forget my question, I just saw the bit that Nenad is testing them.

mbasko said:
GoldenTimes said:

It may be the B&Z booster lead not the connection. They are sensitive to any pulling etc. & the fine audio wires can break easily. If it's the old type it's not an easy fix for those not good with electronics. If it's the new type with a removable lead try another lead in it.
Cable tieing connection points to something reasonably secure also prevents issues with the B&Z or any audio leads. Curly leads are a must in my opinion on the SDC. Much better for movement & reducing strain. I prefer the heavy duty guitar leads (made for heavy metal movement :lol: ) & haven't had one fail yet.

Thanks for the tips! I was thinking of trying a few zip ties before buying a new lead, but it sounds like a spare wouldn't go astray anyway! I noticed on Monday that when I adjust all the velcro straps on the cover and tighten them that I have alot less of an issue. I have the curly cord, but it plugs into another short adapter which then plugs into the sdc, not sure if this is the old type or the new.

See the sponsor section to keep up to date.

And yes, I have done the same. Brain reads a few key-words and forms a question; without actually reading the full post...

While I have it on good authority that they have been tested with a number of machines - Untill we test a few here in Australia - I can only go off the marketing.

Nenad has lots of experience with Gold Machines and other accessories / boosters / headphones etc.

Thus I am sure his review (once he gets the unit) with be up front and he will point out the Good and the BAD. It is then up to you to look at what you NEED Vs Want and make the call...

1432096710_800.jpg