From Whipstick to WA, Now what?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally have made it to Kalgoorlie as a jump off point, now to find where to jump too !! Thinking of just moving up the line a little, get our miners rights sorted on Monday and then off to Meekatharra via Menzies, Leonora, Laverton, Wiluna and then on the way back Cue and Mt Magnet and Sandstone. Surely we can get lucky in that lot? Have some time available to us but no idea what to look for here, (have not seen a single ironbark all the way over ) Will have to find out the old fashioned way of just keep swinging and trying. Any one in the know that can point out to us if any of these areas are a bit better prospects than the others, Help is much appreciated in any form. Would love to catch up to any other PA members that are in the area and have a chat. Will keep you posted if things work out, cheers for now.

Hi daalkodetector,

Wishing you all the best on your trip! You're definitely heading into the right vicinity to wander over a patch or two. A few members have been over there/live there so they may throw you some handy pointers.

Sounds like a there could be a few good memories ahead -hopefully golden ones! ;)

Take care out there and keep an eye on the supplies, water, fuel, battery charge etc. Look forward to seeing a few photos and hearing how you go.
Cheers,
Shauno

Hi daal, same rules apply over there as here but on a much bigger scale !! Where the old timers found it, below hills etc etc good luck, gazza

G'day daalkodetector, If you are going past Cue you may find this interesting. I lived in Cue from 1989 to 1999 and calculated that I found in excess of 80 ounces over 9 years. That was only operating as a week-end hobbyist. There are 4 roads out of Cue, North, South, East and West, and all 4 roads have been kind to us Metal Detectorists.
Good luck mate.

http://www.gold-prospecting-wa.com/index.html

Thank you all, have put a fair bit of time in getting the gear sorted (dual batteries, gen set, gps, tyre repair kit, first aid kit, air compressor, maps etc) so fairly hopeful that all is sorted. Intending for a start to do a couple of 5 -7 day ventures out to look around, get my bearings a little, check out the lay of the land and so forth, so will have a chance to fix up the things I have missed. We will venture up to Cue in a short while so will definitely check out the area's mentioned, Thank you. Will have to see just how far out of the towns or off the beaten track we need to go to be in less detected but good gold area's. I tried once to put some photos up for id, (a snake belt buckle and coins, tokens) but the files were too big so I may try taking some that are either with the phone or use a lesser pixel rating so that it will upload. Hoping that we have some goodies to share photos of with you all.

Don't be to hasty to get away from towns, most of my biggest nuggets have come from within 20kms of a town. It's amazing how many times I've travelled 200kms into the middle of no where and arrive at your destination to find other people there. The great thing about WA is you still have a great chance of picking up a few tiddlers at even the most well known flogged areas.
Good luck, have fun.

DD

Thanks for the info DD. Its always hard to know just what the go in a new place is, that is why this forum and the people on it make it such a great thing to be a part of. People here are always willing to lend a hand if they can. It is much appreciated and can save a lot of time, fuel and not to mention walking. again, thank you

Good luck on the yella stuff .. I hope you do well. . . my uncle does well in cue. He's a local. And I'm sure he's not got It all yet ..

Hi Stalker, heading up that way soon. Caught out with a wet day and probably a couple more while the roads dry out but at Sandstone now and going to spend some time here if it goes well, then probably off to Cue. Most of the area is under a lease application, most of the older main digging areas are under current leases it seems, will have to just see how we go. Any other PA members up in this area, be great to hear from you as well.

Latest posts