Found this today - Heinz lid from when?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 11283
I’d like to know the age if anyone can help out

The 57 refers to the variety of Heinz products.
If a dog was of various breeds, a bitzer, it used to be referred to as a Heinz dog indicating that its parentage was complex.
I seem to remember the 57 Heinz varieties being advertised on the radio as far back as the 1940s but I am not certain of that.
Grey Panner

The 57 refers to the variety of Heinz products.
If a dog was of various breeds, a bitzer, it used to be referred to as a Heinz dog indicating that its parentage was complex.
I seem to remember the 57 Heinz varieties being advertised on the radio as far back as the 1940s but I am not certain of that.
Grey Panner
Further comment.
I just found from the Net that Heinz began using the 57 Varieties advertisement in 1896.So, Coin Hunter, you may have an artifact of considerable historic appeal.
Grey Panner

I did notice rosella in a glass bottle the other day, it brought back camping memory’s, but haven’t seen Heinz in a glass bottle for years, I prefer the brown stuff, basted on a porterhouse over the grill.
The one I found was aluminium it helps with age, I think I may have thrown it out, but was identical.

Latest posts