Found In Circulation

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, its been a while since I've been on the ol' PA forum hope everyone has been well.

Anyway thought I would share this, wasn't found in circulation per say but an older gentleman paid for his haircut with this at the wifes salon the other week :D

1480591548_20161201_200323-2016x1512.jpg

Nice one silver, been waiting for the 66 wavy 20c piece to pop up after getting these
1481247746_dddd_001.jpg

1481247746_dddd_002.jpg

looks like everyone is spending their coin collections :cool:

Heatho do you have another picture of the 2 dollar coin , I can't make out what's on it, there is a small chance I might have found one

Kind regards

It's just the circle on it Dan, I don't have another pic as the coin is at my parents place, I'll get more pics next time I'm there. I'm keen to see what you've fouind though.

Yeah , don't think I seen the circle on a 2 dollar and the crown looks different . Probably found most 2 dollar , 1 dollar variants , not to mention the smaller decimals and some coins from other parts of the world . Then there is everything else from a cigar blade with a dragon engraving to a smith and Weston 35 caliber short cartridge unfired, commonly used in the early 20th century for small guns like beringers and other under the table guns, and the assassination of one U.S. President , I'm doing a few more hunts before the 31st then laying everything on the table into categories , will post on PA

B5MECH said:
Wavy 20c is 1966 rare defect in the 2
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6829/1481269681_20centreversetypes.jpg
very very rare but if the 67 showed up you never know
Here's another possibility to look for $1/10c mule 2000
http://blog.perthmint.com.au/2015/06/25/rare-mule-dollar-would-be-an-exceptional-find/
easy not to notice it in change unless you really look 8) :)

Here's my mule that I detected. :) Pity it got hit by a boody mower. I love to show it off any chance I get. :D

1481270090_20150816_164201.jpg

Shame on the damage but still 8) 8) 8) nice find Heatho, goes to show there is a chance of finding one in the ground :) :)

I reckon there would still be a few out there somewhere.... :D Couldn't believe I had one after checking my finds one day, was early on after buying the CTX.

I don't know heatho , if they are in circulation they would be incredibly rare , and for the 2 dollar coin with the circle hallo effect, could be one of a kind of it's a new mint coming out. I think it's rare at very least , one of a kind at best . I checked all my 2016 coins that are not corroded , and nothing like that one . Good pick up there .

Have a close look at my 1966 5c above in post #182, it has the same circular marks as Heatho's $2 coin in post #175. 8) :p

silver said:
Have a close look at my 1966 5c above in post #182, it has the same circular marks as Heatho's $2 coin in post #175. 8) :p

Ahh it is too, that's interesting silver, would love to know for certain what causes these markings.

Sorry guys, what is the big deal with the '66 5c??

Found one in the school oval and gave it to one of the kids sniffing around about 3 months ago.

Kato was at soccer practice, hunting while waiting for her.

Greenhornet_au said:
Sorry guys, what is the big deal with the '66 5c??

Found one in the school oval and gave it to one of the kids sniffing around about 3 months ago.

Kato was at soccer practice, hunting while waiting for her.

There is a circle stamped into it GH, same as the $2 coin photo on the previous page.

We would need to know the machinery processes for coin production in order to pinpoint what could go wrong, with the end result of what we are seeing. :|