Found at a local disused railway station

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

76drew76

Andrew Denham
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Had a little 10 minute hunt on my way back from another hunt at a disused railway station that started operation in 1915.
As soon as I started swinging the 705 was going off and it seemed that there were targets everywhere.
I only had a few minutes to dig so i managed to get these 2 items that at first I thought were bolt heads but upon further inspection they had numbers on the front and letters on the back.
I was wondering it anybody knew what these would be, I know they are of no value but would be interested to know what they are.
The one on the right has the number 459 on the front and the letters AB or AR on the back.
The one on the left has the number 574 on the front but I can't see anything on the rear.
They are both round, about the same diameter as a 1c piece and 5 mm thick, but also uneven on the rear like something else was attached.
I will be going back to this area because the targets were everywhere and I might get that breakthrough pre decimal coin.
Sorry about the quality of the photos they were taken with my phone.

Cheers Drew

1383928299_photo.jpg
a

1383928255_photo_1.jpg

they are lead bag seals. string was tied around a bag of goods to be transported then these were crimped onto the string. I think they are a pretty common find around old railways

Latest posts