Fossicking next weekend at Glen Innes

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking at taking my son fossicking next weekend to Glen Innes.I have'nt ever gone looking for sapphires before, and Im hoping someone can give me some hints on how to find and whats involved in sieving. I normaly pan for gold but Ive all ways wanted to try sapphires.
Thought we might stay at Bullock Mountain for three nights.
Thanks for any help.
regards
Mark

Mate I'd seriosly consider Billabong Blue. Top place, check out my thread. All equipment and tuition is available on site. Not far from Glenn Innes.

I second Heatho's comment. :)
If your new to sapphire fossicking and taking your kid give Billabong Blue a try :)

Thanks for that info. Ive looked up Billabong Blue but no web site. This proberly where we'll go.Thanks for the info.

Here's the link, their website has only just come online so it's just the bare bones at the moment but all the details are there on the top of the page. If you put in a few hours or a day you should get a few nice ones. Great spot for beginners or serious gem hunters. Camping is available onsite too.

http://billabongblue.com.au

Latest posts