For Sale - Garrett AT 9" x 12" Concentric Searchcoil + Coil Cover

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm selling my Garrett AT 9" x 12" Concentric searchcoil (with coil cover) http://www.garrettaustralia.com.au/at-9-x-12-proformance-concentric-searchcoil/

Coil is in excellent condition, has had minimal use and has never been used without a coil cover or underwater.

Suits Garrett AT Pro/Gold.

1376006571_at_pro_searchcoil__96515.1373333563.1280.1280.jpg

$140 + Postage (costs $234 to buy new, inc cover)

Nugget.

Price reduction, I need to sell it to buy a NEL Hunter :)

G`day Nugget, How much With the new price reduction?.. :) and what are the benefit's of the bigger coil as opposed to the standard 8.5x11 coil ?

Bugger! Just looked at the date on your post

Hi Keggs, the coil is still for sale. $130 + postage and it's yours,

The larger concentric coil is designed to go deep while still providing a high level of sensitivity. It's perfect for dry sand beaches, parks, ovals etc. The 8.5x11 DD coil that comes with the AT Pro is a perfect all rounder and ideal for semi trashy or mineralised ground. But out of the two, the slightly larger concentric does provide better ground coverage and sensitivity at a greater depth depth in low trashy or mineralised ground over the stock DD.

It really comes down to they type of environment you're planning on detecting.

Let me know what you decide.

Nugget.

Thanks Nugget, mmmmm! will have to think about it as my next purchase was going to be a sniper coil for the trashy areas.

Thanks also to Tassiejack, very informative bit of info.

TassieJack said:

Results like that can vary significantly though depending ground conditions and the environment that the test was carried out in. It wouldn't be fair to compare a Concentric against a DD in mineralised ground for example.

The general consensus (and according to Garrett) is that a Concentric searchcoil will in most cases outperform a DD of the same size in both the depth and sensitivity department when used in 0 to low mineralised ground, however a DD will outperform the same sized Concentric searchcoil when used in mineralised conditions. My personal experience suggests this to be somewhat accurate.

So according to the above I'm a little skeptical of those test results especially given the larger diameter of the Concentric.

At the end of the day it really comes down to your individual needs. My personal preference is to use a DD.

Hey mate, yeah it's still available and suits the AT Gold no worries, it's what I bought it for originally. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts