Fools gold on second trip

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aadelaidean

Debra and Daryl
Reaction score
On the weekend I went fossicking at Mt Crawford in South Australia it was my second time out gold hunting and I was scrapping around in a pebbled creek bed and thought I had found my very first small gold nugget although it did not beep on my hand held detector. I was very excited to see this shiny gold colored pebble and I wanted to show you guys my find. Just before writing this story I thought I would search this site to check if it was gold or not and found out that if I squeezed it with pliers and it broke it would be mica or fools gold and that if it just flattened it could be gold. So thankyou for smashing my dream (LOL) thankyou guys for all the information here. I cant wait to go out again and try for the real thing. Cheers Debra
1412758242_20141008_190234.jpg

I have been fossicking on and off for over 30 years and still have gold fever, once you have it, your hooked for life :D
Best of luck.

Hi, have you ever found a big nugget, I wouldnt mind just a speck to start with
Oldfella said:
I have been fossicking on and off for over 30 years and still have gold fever, once you have it, your hooked for life :D
Best of luck.

Take a look in the metal detecting for gold topic and sub topic Gold detecting Show n Tell, there you will see many members finds, some of mine are on page 5

Cheers

Thanks oldfella will do, its always good browsing here. Cheers
Oldfella said:
Take a look in the metal detecting for gold topic and sub topic Gold detecting Show n Tell, there you will see many members finds, some of mine are on page 5

Cheers

it took me and the woman 5 trips to find our first spec of gold, all i can say is educate yourself B4 you head out,

Yes dunollyman I have been browsing this site for awhile now, I really need to see the real thing in the bush. I will continue to hunt and hopefully be rewarded one day soon.....cheers
dunollyman said:
it took me and the woman 5 trips to find our first spec of gold, all i can say is educate yourself B4 you head out,

Latest posts