First time out!!!!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all.
Ive recently purchased an X Terra 705 with dual coils included. Im excited even though I know my machine is not the cream of the crop.
Im taking it out for the first time with the kids and was thinking Bendigo around the Whipstick area for chance at gold?
Can anyone suggest anything closer say Ballarat and some suggested areas/locations? Can anyone also suggest some maps I should purchase in the future. Currently Im using the GeoVic site.
Really looking forward to it and hope I get hooked.

Thanks guys! :Y:

Hey aussiesurf I also have an X terra 705 It's a great metal detector for beginners I haven't found any nuggets yet I got disheartened from not finding any I started thinking maybe it's not the best detector but my brother tested it out with some nuggets from a mate and it worked fine the metal detector will find nuggets you just have to be in a good area I guess I watched youtube videos and thought it would be easy to find gold with a detector definitely not the case also have you heard of Doug Stone he is a legend and he has made gold atlases for NSW SA QLD WA and the NT I would definitely suggest getting one they are sold at the miners den in Bendigo and online I'm sure if you googled it you'd be able to find them :Y:

Latest posts