first find at last

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well it took a year to the day but my son and i finnally found our first nugget 11.49 grams to i might add at clermont birimgan gpa what a feeling althuogh i feel we set the bar a bit high for a first find.we camped for 6 days at ml1870 which is right between mcmarsters and birimgan gpa's found the gold at birimgan good spot to camp no travel good hosts barry and paul cheers ahve photos but cant work out how to post them
1522613521_20180402_050616_2.jpg

Welcome snicker, well you sure have got off to a great start :Y:. What machine are you using.

Hey snicker put that find up in Gold Detecting show and tell in the metal detecting for gold section. Just noticed you've got 2 introduction threads anyway that's where to post your gold finds.

RM Outback said:
Welcome snicker, well you sure have got off to a great start :Y:. What machine are you using.

Hey snicker put that find up in Gold Detecting show and tell in the metal detecting for gold section. Just noticed you've got 2 introduction threads anyway that's where to post your gold finds.
thanks rm still figuring out the site found it with a gpz started out with a gp3000 a year ago soon figgured if i was going to do the miles i better upgrade

Ship of fools said:
So jealous!
I was trying to get to Clermont over Easter but things didnt work out.
Congrats on the find.
Matt T
was lucky with the weather bit of rain first day then all sun and hot came back to mackay on saturday rain started
:)

Latest posts