First and Second piece

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good evening all,

This weekend I went to Kingower to try my luck at finding gold again, after two days of finding nothing but shotgun pellets and the usual scrap I stumbled upon a nice sound that seemed to be a lot deeper than the lead shot that I had found in the same area (approx 10). I started digging and when I got about 6 Inches down and the target started screaming at me I was certain that it was not scrap this time. 12 Inches down and I had found my first piece of gold, it weighed in at just over 9 grams.

The very next day I decided to let my father detect around the area that I had found the nugget as he has not found his first piece yet, he is using a GPX5000. After about an hour he could not find anymore and moved on to another area close by, so I decided I would go back and see if I could find another for myself.

After about 10 mins I had found another piece approx 14 Inches down weighing 10 grams about two meters away from my first piece of gold that I had found the day before. While I was obviously over the moon I did feel for my father as he had spent an hour detecting the same area before me.

I was using my GPZ7000 with Steves insanely hot GPZ settings except I turn the volume up more and I was in General/Difficult for both pieces, I have no idea what my father had his detector set to as I know nothing about the GPX5000. I think we have decided that we will go on a tour with one of the companies that do detector training so that we can both learn more about the Hobby and the detectors we use.

I am convinced that the 5000 would have picked up the gold if maybe it was set a little better or with correct training.
1497351156_download.jpg

Cheers,

Shaenae1

Great job on the finds, I too am still learning the Zd's settings and follow Steve's tips...Ran with highyield/normal over the weekend and found everything but the yellow.

Great that your dad is involved getting him out and about doing something you both love is priceless.

Cheers to you both :Y:

Latest posts