Finger fix

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moneybox

Philip & Sandra Box
Reaction score
A couple of days back I got a deep cut on the tip of my finger. It stopped bleeding easily by pinching it together but I kept catching it on things and a Band-Aid kept coming off everytime it got wet. I cut the end off a rubber glove and asked Mrs M to pull it over my finger but that came off while I was running some dirt through the sluice.

1615786025_finger_fix.jpg

Mrs M came up with this ingenious idea. The rubber thimble is waterproof and stayed on for the last half of yesterday and all the while up until lunchtime today. No water gets to the injury even when washing my hands. I'm not sure it'll ever be fit to go back into the sewing kit but it makes a very handy finger dressing.

Did you stitch the cut or put butterfly strips on to keep it closed. I had a knife thrown once and it sliced across the top of my instep. I cleaned it and used butterfly strips to keep the gaping cut closed. My GP said he couldn't have done better with stitches. :( :)

I only have to pinch it shut with my left hand for a few seconds and it seals up but it breaks loose if I catch it on something. The thimble gives it good bump protection. Actually it's already looking like it's healing so I'll just thimble it for a bit longer. The other option was to bare it this morning while spreading liquid rubber. I think that could have done a permanent repair :lol:

Mackka said:
Thimble may generate bacteria and cause other issues. Do you not have a Doctor in Cue? Dont play with it ,go to the quack ya silly old ,buggar.
Mackka

We get a doctor once a fortnight, due tomorrow but I'm happy that it's healing ok. Mrs M is going to the doctor while I repair the rolled over trailer.

1615807412_trailer1.jpg

She wants to head out detecting and relic hunting for a few days before I get too serious with the dryblower. She said "I wish we could take both quads" so I decided it time get this job out of the way. I have new materials but most of it looks like straightening out well enough. The main thing is to get the tailgate/ramp closing and sealing.

1615807663_trailer2.jpg

I've had the solar panels off the bus to seal the roof with liquid rubber. I did the top this morning and tomorrow I'll apply the solar reflective coat so that I can put the panels back on for the trip. I have a lot more to do but as long as the roof top is done then the solar panels don't need to come off again.

Moneybox said:
I only have to pinch it shut with my left hand for a few seconds and it seals up but it breaks loose if I catch it on something. The thimble gives it good bump protection. Actually it's already looking like it's healing so I'll just thimble it for a bit longer. The other option was to bare it this morning while spreading liquid rubber. I think that could have done a permanent repair :lol:

MB,
Liquid Betadine is the best healing potion we have ever used for cuts and grazes.

Let the air get to your wound , it will heal quicker . Remove the rubber thimble when not needed.

Latest posts