Finding nuggets

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digger58

Peter Diggins
Reaction score
Hi all, I am wanting to find an area within a few hundred kilometres of Brisbane that is a proven area for nuggets of decent sizes, not the sub-grammers that I know are everywhere generally.
I know Warwick, Kenilworth and Gympie are fossicking areas but don't know if good size nuggets are being found in those areas still.
Yes, every nugget is a good nugget, well, of the gold variety anyway.
I appreciate your time and effort in responding and rest assured that any secret spots will be between you and me only ;) :perfect:
I hope everyone is healthy, stealthy and wise, cheers.

And If anyone has spots within an hour of Laverton...preferably kg+ bits I promise only to tell my mates :Y:

Healthy...any healthier and I'll pop!
Stealthy...yep sneak about and hide behind trees, duck when I see a car coming.
Wise....yep wise enough to keep my secret spots secret

:D

madtuna, if you happen to get any 1 kilo nuggets or larger, I will pay up to $20,000. in cash (no GST or taxes, all under the table), if the purity is over 22 as well. So as not to be showing any favouritism this offer is valid for anyone. And don't anyone try and scam me either.

If you can buy a 1 kilo gold nugget for 20 grand you would be doing well when the spot price is around 70 grand per kilo so who knows what a nugget of this size would be worth .

Digger58 said:
Hi all, I am wanting to find an area within a few hundred kilometres of Brisbane that is a proven area for nuggets of decent sizes, not the sub-grammers that I know are everywhere generally.
I know Warwick, Kenilworth and Gympie are fossicking areas but don't know if good size nuggets are being found in those areas still.
Yes, every nugget is a good nugget, well, of the gold variety anyway.
I appreciate your time and effort in responding and rest assured that any secret spots will be between you and me only ;) :perfect:
I hope everyone is healthy, stealthy and wise, cheers.

Welcome to the real world, all the easy stuff has been taken.

Cheers

Doug

Why not just research your intended area of interest :| that's pretty much what everyone does. Once you're done with research the next step is to put your boots on the ground and check it out, no one gets all the gold. I'm more than happy to take home multiple sub gram nuggets any time I can get out, reality is it doesn't happen. But between you and me and no one else when you do find that big one let me know where please, just like you I'm keen to get a few too :)

Digger58 said:
madtuna, if you happen to get any 1 kilo nuggets or larger, I will pay up to $20,000. in cash (no GST or taxes, all under the table), if the purity is over 22 as well. So as not to be showing any favouritism this offer is valid for anyone. And don't anyone try and scam me either.
if you get one for 20 k i will buy it of you !!

Okay, I've obviously got to explain myself a bit clearer. I am not asking where nuggets are being found recently in an exact location, but where in the past they were found and still turn up every now and then.
As an example, the golden triangle in Victoria is a known nugget area, that still gives up nuggets. What I don't want is an area that has been so flogged out that there is really only flour gold left. I have done heaps of research, and it seems that WA, Vic. and far north Qld are the go-to spots, which are thousands of Ks from Brissy. Too far for a weekend trip for me. Clermont seems the best option but still a fair old drive for a day or two prospecting.
Any genuine advice would be appreciated, ta. :) :Y:

1578901888_cricket.jpg

How to break that awkward silence!!!!!!

RS

waynec said:
Digger58 said:
if you get one for 20 k i will buy it of you !!

Yeah, no worries, it'll cost you 70K though. :)

Pretty sure there was some decent sized bits found while building some bridge in Brissie. Not sure which one so just undermine a pylon or two of each one you come across until you nail the right one :Y:

madtuna said:
Pretty sure there was some decent sized bits found while building some bridge in Brissie. Not sure which one so just undermine a pylon or two of each one you come across until you nail the right one :Y:

Yeah, it's the bridge at Indooroopilly that people actually live in, not that you don't know. Thanks for that advice, I'm really appreciative. :cool:

Latest posts