Finally!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

76drew76

Andrew Denham
Reaction score
Went for a quick hunt this morning to try out the new coil for the 705.
After 2 hrs and finding nothing but used .22 shells, building rubble and the usual junk while also fighting off a swarm of ants running up my legs I finally found my first pre decimal coin, a 1948 penny. This was the most exiting hunt I've been on to date, it may not be worth anything but it's the most satisfying feeling to know the hard work has finally paid off.
1391138476_img_0587-optimized.jpg

Great work Andrew, It's a great feeling finding that first pre-dec, I remember it well :). I'm sure many more will follow.

It took me a while too and then they just flow but you have to pick your sites and time of year i am at the moment just doing beaches and surface grass with a probe pre decimals are usually at 4 inches plus depending on the soil

Thanks guys
Hopefully the first of many. I've got a lead on a place that is producing plenty of coins but I've also been told the ground is extremely hard so I'll have to wait for a bit of rain to soften it up. Only other problem is it's so damn hot here so not great detecting weather.

Sa bogan it wasn't the WOT coil just the 10.5 DD 7.5 KHz. Have found that it is getting me better depth than the 10.5 elliptical and finding it easier to seperate targets so far.

Latest posts