Finally Got My License

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well ordered a 6 month QLD fossicking license the other day and got it yesterday, so I can finally legally go for a pan, I did notice it has gone up $1 just in a few months, now $28.50 for 6 months. I can't understand their reasoning for these high prices, I know Vic And NSW don't pay as much, correct me if i'm wrong, just can't understand the disparity. Anyhow, I've had my whinge.

So.....let's go get some gold........So Come On...Letsssssssssss Gooooooooooooooooo

In NSW state forests you require a permit. National parks are a no go area and no permit required in other areas.

From the forestry Web site.....

The cost of a yearly fossicking permit is $27.50 inclusive of GST.
A permit can cover a family group with a maximum of 5 people (2 adults and 3 children under 18 years of age).

Gee quite a variation for then in different States. Wow $25 for life in the west......we're missing something here. I will have to write to the Premier, she what she says. Good on ya guys for sharing, thanks.

Len

Like I have mentioned before, I think it just comes down too our good ground Len! :D If people are out there getting there own chance too hit there own loads, the big boys sure are going too be wanting to make that $ or two back from just licensing alone..Like a rich area is most likely going to charge more than somewhere there is little to none.. Just my own theory ;)

Cheers

Cody

I paid $48 for a family licence for 12 months, and i had to nominate who would be on my licence and i could only nominate my imediate family i.e. wife and kids or someone who i can prove lives with me and has lived with me for six months, sounds like we have really lucked out in Qld Len with fossicking licences.

I like the $25 for life idea the west has :)

M3

Yeah M3 that's not a bad price, what state is that in mate? Yah not wrong $25 for life I could live with that.

Yeah all legal now, now just gotta get my way to Gympie, and sort out what is allowed and what is not, so many grey area's anyhow, i'm just using my pan and classifiers for a start, do have a sucker pump though, not even sure about that. So....i'll just have fun panning, I think a guy here fossicks at Gympie, not sure what he uses a high banker or what.

Hey len i'm heading down to gympie to drop a pup off at a mates house then going for a pan while i'm there..not taking the highbanker i just built though because i just found out qld prospecting laws suck lol.. so panning it is unless i take a heap of dirt home and put that threw the high banker.

kezz

Ok M3 was up there years ago, Army training, many places to go for a pan up there?

KEZZ said:
Hey len i'm heading down to gympie to drop a pup off at a mates house then going for a pan while i'm there..not taking the highbanker i just built though because i just found out qld prospecting laws suck lol.. so panning it is unless i take a heap of dirt home and put that threw the high banker.

kezz

When you going Kezz, where do you live might meet up, or travel up together, I'm here in Deception Bay.

I am from bundy now..i did live at the sunny coast for a long time then moved to maryvalley..wish i had the prospecting bug when i was there. I go past gympie now a few times a year. 22nd december i finish work so heading down just after chrissy .. no special date though so can work out when to travel if you coming up

KEZZ said:
I am from bundy now..i did live at the sunny coast for a long time then moved to maryvalley..wish i had the prospecting bug when i was there. I go past gympie now a few times a year. 22nd december i finish work so heading down just after chrissy .. no special date though so can work out when to travel if you coming up

Yeah ok just let me know, there's some good spots up there isn't there. Yeah would of been good when you were at Sunny Coast, but never mind, hopefully we can get organized and meet up then.

Len

we can organize something soon Len, i am stuck on a ship at the moment but i work 3 weeks on 3 weeks off so plenty of time to sort something out

Latest posts