Eyes up for the Aurora Australis in Southern Australia.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People seem to tie it straight to the apocalypse which is strange as solar flares happen almost every day. Just rare we get a direct hit.

I best break out my foil hat.. :)
scottlucky said:
Hi
Interesting I am still trying to convince the wife that these things are real.
maybe when the grid goes fritz or she cant get foxtel she will believe.

Just before people get the wrong idea, this is what we might see.
1410414987_791905-aurora-australis-optimized.jpg

Back in the late 80's The whole Sky was alight like Gold. 8)
Beautiful curtains of gold with shimmering diamonds in it. :eek:
One of Natures most magnificent displays I have ever seen. 8.(

I hope we don't get direct hit how many people will cry that there detectors are no longer working :)

I cant wait! I was reading some of the space news today and we could be in for quite a display, I just need to figure out a nice dark sky location.

Solar storm is impacting Earth right now and a stronger storm approaching in the next few hours might be worth looking up tonight.

Remember Day of the Triffids?? Don't look at bright lights in the sky - you could end up getting eaten by a plant!!! Silly and paranoid am I? mad am I? We'll see, or in the case of Day of the Triffids - I will see.

If it's as big as they say it might unearth some big nuggets. Nah it's not as easy as that just keep digging.

Well at moment in camped on top of Mt Townsend ( great spring cornfest), so if I can't see it.....
International space station fly overs last week were awesome, best I've seen

Tathradj said:

Yes, it was March 1989 and I was living in Hobart, more than half the sky was filled with shimmering red. Also saw a nice green aurora near Launceston and plenty in Alaska, 1996 when I visited it!

Ian

Tathradj said:

Yes, it was March 1989 and I was living in Hobart, more than half the sky was filled with shimmering red. Also saw a nice green aurora near Launceston and plenty in Alaska, 1996 when I visited it!

Ian

The March 89 one I saw from Lismore, at first I assumed it was a big cane fire and a friend thought I had put magic mushies in his drink.

Latest posts