Engel fridge not cold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the spare 12V Engel cable out of the shed, it has a cig plug on one end and the Engel plug on the other.

HOORAH !! it works, so nothing wrong with "old faithful" must be like a fine wine, just gets better with age, lol.

So, next job is to fault find the hard wired power cable for loose connection or intermittent fuse etc. Or as was previously mentioned, it shows 12V on the multimeter, but may cut out under load.

Again will advise when I know.

At least it's a quick fix and not an expensive repair.

Lesson - Carry the bloody spare cable if you have one, it would have been the difference between a fridge and, as was the case, no fridge for 3 bloody weeks.

Found the problem

1465277074_small_0_aspan.jpg

The connector that fits into this socket was loose and because it is in an area not easily seen, I had no idea it was loose until I had unloaded all the gear.

I refixed and all is ok. ( the bezel that screws this in was not holding on any thread and the pins were not making proper contact, hence the 12V reading at no load.)

Happy that it was so easy and a no cost fix. Unhappy that I didn't unload whilst out there and could have used the bloody fridge for the last 3 weeks.

So, the 23 yr old keeps going :)

Problems can be real sneaky sometimes but at least it's a small cost. Bugger that you went without a fridge for so long that must have been a pain.
Jon

condor22 said:
Found the problem

Unhappy that I didn't unload whilst out there and could have used the bloody fridge for the last 3 weeks.

So, the 23 yr old keeps going :)

If you've been drinking warm beer for that long, you might be eligible for an English passport! :D

We have been away ten days now and I have been able to keep the temperature of the Engel bar fridge under four degrees so far.

I have to alter the thermostat setting during the day and night when the outside temperature changes.

Like higher during the day and lower for night to keep in between 3 and 4 degrees.

By altering the thermostat all is good but I guess seeing I need to alter the thermostat that means it is faulty?.

We have not hit hot weather yet.

Latest posts