East gippsland bush junkie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi names cody
Just saying hello.
Was wondering if anyone has done any work up north or brigalong victoria
Around lees creek or granite or the surounding area.
Ive only just started hunting gold recently an was wanting to know if anyone has had any experience
Around this area.
Mostly just my 4wd stomping ground.
Not a lot of info on the area.
Bit of a minor rush area but most people bailed pretty quickly.
Gold was found though.
Oh yeah i live in stratford just north of sale.
And still just panning and digging holes.
Thanks

Thanks brother i read through those already. But thank you still.
Ive found about everypiece of info on the net about the area witch isnt alot really.
Most people give up on the area a long i think. Maybe because its so bloody hard to get too.
Even now i can only imagine what it would have been like back in the day.
Ive found quartz iron sand and slipt slate and there are a few ancient diggings about and we know they have got gold from there before but just not a hell of a lot i believe.
Found a bit of colour but that was more of a test run.
Next time i head back were going full scale hillbilly prospecting for a few weeks.

Yeah The old timers didnt miss much, but we all dream of that unfound spot. The exploring is half the fun, but if its good gold your after an extra hour or so travel to "richer" spots is well worth the effort.

Cody

Not sure about gold in the area but there are other gems. There is agate in Valencia Creek, thunder eggs in the hills just north of Briagalong and quartz crystals. Some of the local gem clubs in the area head there each June long weekend for a fossick and yarns. If you were part of Morwell Gem club they'd point you in the direction on one of these weekends.

Cheers

Welcome Cody1382,

Great idea Jamo, thats the best way in... Good luck Cody...

Cheers
OZ

Hey Cody. We live in Stratford too. We mainly detect around Dargo. Hubby went out the other week in Briag but didn’t find anything. Let us know how you go.

Latest posts