Duffer or too early?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget that what comes of a mullock heap beside a hole came from the bottom f it.

Wonder what is going on with the dropped letters. ???
Even the spell checker does not pick it up.
I have not had that many beers,,,,, yet. :cool:

I have gone as far to dig the side of a mullock heap to see what layers where encountered.
In a non preserved site at that. It is interesting what the heaps have in them.

So going by that it may suggest that either my hole was deep enough but just not as much gold in it than others nearby, or that I may be just shy of what they dug down to and that's why the mullock next door showed bigger and more result? After all as ya'a said last out of hole sit on top. Gotta think that the old bloke who dug that hole didn't leave the good stuff behind, does that sound right. Shudder to think I was just short of pay dirt and filled the hole!! Still such an amateur lol

1421490785_image.jpg

This is a shot of a mullock heap beside mine, it sits roughly 2 foot high, hole was 3 x 2 foot roughly, how deep would ya say the hole may have been, judging on pic??? I went about 4-5 foot
Thanks for all the feedback :)

spikegold said:
So going by that it may suggest that either my hole was deep enough but just not as much gold in it than others nearby, or that I may be just shy of what they dug down to and that's why the mullock next door showed bigger and more result? After all as ya'a said last out of hole sit on top. Gotta think that the old bloke who dug that hole didn't leave the good stuff behind, does that sound right. Shudder to think I was just short of pay dirt and filled the hole!! Still such an amateur lol

the old timers only washed a certain layer they didn't worry about bigger nuggets laying on top of the certain layer they wore after so they literally threw nuggets away with out even knowing as back then there was no detectors so a lot of big and smaller gold was lost especially when they wore digging trenchers (looking for the reef) and chucking everything aside to find a reef under 2ft of top soil so its always worth checking diggings and mullock heaps

The pic is facing down gully as it flattens out then joins another gully with no apartment digging. Depi are cutting trees for new community firewood area. Normally you could drive right to the hole but fallen trees everywhere made it tricky

Thanks hty, that piece of string keeps growing,
As I said there was a reef on ridge about 100 meters away with evidence of past working, small heaps of graded quartz and gully shallow diggings.
We stopped digging once we decided that we'd past their depth as like ya said they stopped on pay wash

Latest posts