Drywasher season ... bring it on

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G0lddigg@

Dustin
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Hey crew been building a new drywasher to play with something that can handle a good flogging and will keep two blokes busy. Got her finished today got out for a quick dig only got an hour in because the ground was still quite damp. Any way here's the results and the build. Shes 5 foot 3 with deep riffles. Very happy with the gold sorry about the sideways photos my phone is playing up

1413707435_20141019_124012.jpg
1413707466_20141019_131809.jpg
1413708050_20141016_135724.jpg
1413707490_20141019_160237.jpg
1413707686_20141019_132341.jpg
1413707801_20141019_154428.jpg
1413708084_20141013_135749.jpg

Mate what a weapon. That's some inspiration right there, I'd love to get a chance for a gander and go over some technical details. What sort of blower have you gone with? I've discussed dry blowers with a few people with mixed responses but it gets so bloody dry where I go during the summer I'm still thinking it might be a good option despite the drawbacks for some sampling and a bit of fun. Might as well process it if I'm going to dig it right. What size is that Diamond pattern your running for classification?

Hey mate cheers. If ive got room in the truck ill bring it on the Eldorado trip sure we can find some dry ground to have a play with. The blower is this beast. Mcculloch gbv 345. They're a low end huskvana about half the price for the same blower.

1413748855_20141020_065742.jpg

The diamond mesh is actually a expanded steel I had special order rolled amd galv dipped specifically for the drywasher. Top to bottom guage is 7mm. It works out around $140 a sheet. Couldnt agree more mate how many tailing piles do you know of miles away from water? How much gold do you think has washed out of the mud from those large rocks over the last 100 years.... its amazing how quickly you can loam ground with a blower. Takes 10 min to setup and get running. I love em. Bring on the dust.... cant half tell im exited. .. now I just have to make a mini
1413749541_20141020_071225.jpg

I gave a thought to putting on some buckets to take when you wrote that, but if your in the area on the trip home I could make a phone call or two in advance and get the go ahead for some quality ground if you had a couple hours spare on the return trip. I have a primo spot in mind that was never finished being worked properly due to lack of water on private property. With one eye on the weather if your interested I'll get it organised we can hash out the details up there.

Haha I had a mccolloch ride on (don't send the Mrs to buy garden equipment) that was a huge fail.... I hope for your sake they make a decent blower. The repairer under warranty remembered me 3 years later when I went in for a new chainsaw and was still recalling what a piece of snot it was hahaha.

are you coming home in the monday mate? if so i'm in for sure, we can talk it over with some frothies mate.

Ive found the mccoloch to be nothing short of awesome! hadn't started it in 8 months started second pull, never had an issue and compared to my mates he'll run 30 minutes a full tank i'll run and hour and then some on a tank if running full throttle. touch wood now that ive said something itll probably die :(

Bloody great result there Goldigg@

We need to meet up and anyone else with a dry blower come out of the woodwork and have a big shindig!!

Thank thing is a whopper and the quality looks fantastic.

Can't wait to see it in action

Cheers

Very sturdy and professional looking dry blower there mate, well done on it! I have not had the chance to have a go with a dry washer yet, one day..

Never had the chance before to check out your website so I just did now and am impressed mate :) It must be awesome to be able to weld alloy, I have not been able to yet. I was told that I can do alloy welding with a arc welder and a certain rod, but I dunno how that will go.

Thanks mate ally is a funny one. You really need tig ac/dc running negative amd have to play with yoir settings all the time. I still think im ok mot great yet good enough for prospecting gear thought.

Golddigg, that is a fantastic looking unit. Full credit to you on your craftsmanship, looks like a pros job. I am sure it will find the gold for. :)
Cheers

Latest posts