Dry Washers for Vic

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be purchasing the small compact gold buddy once the rain nicks off I think Even the smaller ones will keep 2 busy (one filling buckets, one emptying) but it will only be me on the shovel' iv got a area to test it come summer I got a new leaf blower last month ready, when buying a leaf blower try to get one that doesn't blow the exhaust into the hose as oil residues can stuff the cloth, also have a throttle lock.

Bob42 said:
I bought a Gold Buddy - Large and use a Stihl blower, Finding the flexible hose was the real challenge. Ended up with 80mm lay flat irrigation hose and a 90 degree pvc elbow to get the air to the machine. This all folds down nice and flat when packing away but you need to make sure you get a straight line to the machine so not to restrict the airflow. A cable tie is used for the throttle control and works well. Two of us working in the heat and dust were not capable of keeping the material up to the machine. We would dig for 15 minutes, shovel and screen and then start the GB until the machine had processed all the diggings. Recovered enough gold to pay for the machine several times. Best effort was 10 grams in a day working solo. Wish every day could be like that. The worst thing is that the dirt gets shoveled three times, 1st into the buckets, then onto the machine and then away from the machine. Bets thing is how good a cold beer tastes at the end of the day. :)

Get yourself some air intake hose from a auto ship works a trear

hi golddigg@ iam interested in the cloth blend you mentioned. where do you get that from, my blower needs a new cloth but i dont want to wait on xmas postage delays. thanks
ps keep the good find pics coming ;)

I use the 140 coupled with the HVC mini vac/blower to concentrate my loam samples which are only taken at 50mm depth by 2sqm. (approx 10kg's)

Runs all day on 4ltrs and I can process 50+ samples in a day including panning the cons no probs.

A 20ltr plastic water container gives me enough for a days panning including a rinse between samples to avoid contamination and false color counts.

Admittedly the strata is not from great depth, but works a treat in the GT mostly all year round. If I get a coupe days rain its just longer on the pan to concentrate but Im able to collect water in the run off for this so no big deal (save on fuel but production is a bit slower) and the loam is dry enough again 8 or so hours after a good dose of sun the next day.

Super portable too!

:cool:

Totally forgot about this thread,

So when are we organising a weekend of intense dry blowing? Seems there are plenty of people using them and plenty more interested in having a go with one.

The ground is dry as a cracker and the gold is a waiting!!

Any takers?

Cheers

Ararat or Beaufort Spike.......but....I am keen to venture anywhere where an enjoyable time awaits. Where ever the general concensus is that's where we will go. You got any ideas?

i'd be up for either of those, ave you tried around landsborough?
tried ararat the other day but the cloth on the rifle box clogged up and tore :mad: looking for repacement atm. do you know if clark rubber sell them?
h

Not sure about Clark rubber, the cloth in my riffle tray I bought from Reeds prospecting supplies in WA and is the replacement fabric for the keene 151. Cost about $16 from memory but you get enough to do 2.
1419561550_h2940001_640x480.jpg

I have not been to Lansborough yet. the reason I go to Ararat and Beaufort is because they are the closest to me. Ararat is 2.5 hrs, makes for a long day of driving.

How have you gone with your blower so far Spike?

mate thats a fine lookin rifle box, did it like a pro!!!
i've not had my machine long so cant claim good finds yet. basically been testing so far found a couple of grams of fine gold. i'm ok with this becaude it means if the machine catches the fines it'll get the bigger ones too . gotta be in the right spot though ey

That's pretty good spike...couple of grams of fines is great, more than I have caught. My problem is not being able to get out enough to find that elusive rich spot. My blower picks up the fines so at least I know when I do find the good spot it will catch everything.
1419633458_h2960002_640x480.jpg

What brand blower have you got spike or have you built your own?

mjb its just a matter of time and a smidgeon of luck till you get that good spot. have you mainly been doing heaps?
i'm running an old keene 151.
i am stoked with the couple of grams but am addicted and need more!

Should have seen some of the goldfields i drove through on the way to the acenic rim mjb. Made me wish i had the drywasher something fierce.

ha...I bet GD. Its that time of the year.

have you heard from KeeponDiggin? He sounded keen as to do a dryblowing trip come summer.

That old 151 Spike should keep a few blokes busy all day by the sound of it. I have plan to hit a dry creek with some rock bars running across it. Really hit it hard and dig out both sides of the bar and hopefully will be rewarded with some nice colour. I spoke to a fella the other day who took his 151 to Tibooburra and in 2 hours of digging he scored 5.5 grams....and that was doing a rush job he reckons :eek:

5.5 a day. geez shame its so far :(
yeah mjb it keeps me qnd the missus going flat nakka. soin it will pay off.
have you panned near those bars in the
creek yet?

needed a new cloth for rifle box but had a look through the missus cupboard and spotted a dress that looked like it would work, got the go ahead. it worked a treat. blows right throu :D gh,

spikegold said:
needed a new cloth for rifle box but had a look through the missus cupboard and spotted a dress that looked like it would work, got the go ahead. it worked a treat. blows right throu :D gh,

Ha ha...nice work spike.

When I was trying to find the right fabric for my blower I went into Spotlight with the missus and what a sight I must have been trying out and feeling all the different black cloth in the shop. In the end GD put me on to Reeds in WA for the real stuff...thanks GD.

Apparently in the creek there are matchhead ;) size gold to be won so I figured there will be fines to be won also. Worth a go anyway

if you want a digging buddy, let us know, sounds like a good spot
the new fabric is brown, bit different lol

Latest posts