Dredging in Australia for recreational activities IS illegal..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bloody kiwis!! Hahaha they vic or canberra plates??
@marked that bloke in gympie does say they are illegal .....but sells heaps down south still?

Idiots like that make it all the harder to get politicians on side with a view to get a fair go for the prospecting lobby groups. I've left a comment on his vid and invite fellow members to do the same so he at least doesn't post any more vids on You Tube. Also worth hitting the dislike button :| :mad:

Wal.

yobskin said:
@marked that bloke in gympie does say they are illegal .....but sells heaps down south still?

Was quite a while ago that I saw the eBay ads and sent the message - at that time I could see no reference to dredging as being illegal; he may very well have made changes to his ads, which is great. I suppose that similar laws apply as with the sale of "smoking paraphernalia" (i.e. bongs) - you can make and sell 'em ... just illegal to possess or use them for the purpose that they were intended for.

What a complete idiot.
There is a group Miners against illegal Miners operating in Victoria and have contacts within the regulating authorities.
I know one of there members and have sent him a link to this thread, DEPI will know all about this tomorrow.
Well i must say i have seen that 4WD around before? Kiwi accent, he is a marked man.

Thanks for just stuffing up our campaign to keep sluicing and high banking legal in Victoria you fool.

madworld said:
Do you think this guys just a tosser or can people really honestly buy this gear and not realise its illegal to use ? For my money I would have googled dredging in australia before handing over 5k for some machinery
No he's just a tosser & thinks he's above the law.
In essence I'm not against small hobby dredges (if they were legal) but I am against illegally using them for unfair advantage over people that do the right thing. As Wal says these idiots also do us no favours in retaining or expanding on accessible prospecting lands/waterways & keeping our current rights in place. I hope they catch up with him & throw the book at his Kiwi ass.

Awesome! I welcome some open-ended chat with any Victorian officials, and happy to report results back to the forum. :)

You guys need to be out digging, instead of stringing up kiwis! - just say'in....

It won't be that open ended for you MurrayC as dredging is clearly illegal...end of story.

What most folks on here are going to get upset about is someone blatantly disregarding the laws of the country they are in and thus making it harder for everyone in the future to pursue our hobby....foreigner or not.

We are not trying to string up Kiwis and I dare say anyone would be treated the same if seen openly doing the wrong thing.

Look forward to hearing how your chat with the Victorian officials go

MurrayC said:
Awesome! I welcome some open-ended chat with any Victorian officials, and happy to report results back to the forum. :)

You guys need to be out digging, instead of stringing up kiwis! - just say'in....
Your banned idiot you're not welcome in this forum. You're blatant disregard for our hobbie laws and pastime put you were you are.

Swift and fair. Has nothing to do with nationality.

Number plates are visible in previous posts from him for those that are interested.

We could all dress like Ramjet........................................

On second thoughts maybe not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MurrayC said:

Got nothing to do with stringing up Kiwis. My best prospecting mate is a Kiwi, and I have numerous fly fishing Kiwi mates on the North Island. It's the principal of upholding the current "Laws" regarding prospecting, and trying to get the government to give us...and our children, a fair go down the track.

We already have the "Greenies" to contend with, so any blatant disrespect for the laws will do our hobby no good, especially when the disrespect for the law is blatantly portrayed for all to see.

I for one am against the law on small hobby dredges under 4" and believe the introduction of the law was hastily enforced without a thorough ecological impact study on the pros and cons governing their use. However, the law was introduced and for the common interest of future prospecting must be obeyed, whether there's enough authority to police it or not.

Wal.

they are being used a lot more I believe. In saying that, the place I go to to get my little lovelies i.e. gold, has been flogged big time by dredging.
These are bone dry gullies that is usually only good for crevicing. Well this weekend , busted, a guy was using a 3" dredge in the spot I was working getting good gold.
He dammed up the gully lugged in one of those clear 1000 litre plastic water pallets and took 8000 litres of water from a stock dam then proceded to dredge his heart away.
That stuffs it up for others, the guts of the gully is a mess and now I wont be going back to my little spot anymore. Boasting how he has been dredging in the state forest and so on. Ticking time bomb for sure, wont be long before someone will catch him.
I don't see the reason why but just pure greed, he didn't get enough gold to justify his run and the farmer wasn't to happy when he found out that 8000 litres of water was taken out of his dam.

aushunter said:
they are being used a lot more I believe. In saying that, the place I go to to get my little lovelies i.e. gold, has been flogged big time by dredging.
These are bone dry gullies that is usually only good for crevicing. Well this weekend , busted, a guy was using a 3" dredge in the spot I was working getting good gold.
He dammed up the gully lugged in one of those clear 1000 litre plastic water pallets and took 8000 litres of water from a stock dam then proceded to dredge his heart away.
That stuffs it up for others, the guts of the gully is a mess and now I wont be going back to my little spot anymore. Boasting how he has been dredging in the state forest and so on. Ticking time bomb for sure, wont be long before someone will catch him.
I don't see the reason why but just pure greed, he didn't get enough gold to justify his run and the farmer wasn't to happy when he found out that 8000 litres of water was taken out of his dam.
Hey Aushunter,
Did you happen to get the rego number, if so dob him in.
Always have a camera with you.
The law will take photos or videos as evidence, for the purpose of prosecutions.

Peter.

Latest posts