Down the beach with the Sovereign

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a haul, pity there were no gold rings amongst those, must be further down with the sinkers. Amazing the number of florins found this year vs 2014, a few members are getting some good experience on their chosen detectors now. :)

Thanks all..
Thats probably the most coins ive got in a single session , which equates to an absolute shit load of digging... Bending ,squating and digging some more :/
Im still feeling it :8
But at least i got a florin :D .... To remind Rocket what they look like :lol:

Here is a Florins worth of recent Threepences,.... that is an easier target to aim for.
1430830871_sam_0731.jpg

:D :D !! RINGA DING DING !! :D :D
This arvo i stopped at a totally random beach after work...
I finished work about 4ish down the coast and decided to stop and have a look at the closest beach giving me the most time to hunt
Ive never been to this beach before ever, so didnt know what to expect.
When i pulled up i was a little apprehensive ... That soon changed with the first target as soon as i reached the wet sand ;)
1430905903_image.jpg

925 set with opal chips
Followed by another 4 rings(3 silvers and junk skull ring) a silver earring and part of a fine bracelet
1430906287_image.jpg

1430906300_image.jpg

1430906315_image.jpg

1430906330_image.jpg

Several sinkers and nice haul of coins
1430906466_image.jpg

The 5c coins dominated again with 13 of em coming out amongst the rest
It was dark before i knew it and the water quickly rising which signalled the end to a hunt i was reluctant to give up
But thems the brakes... And im very pleased with the results :p

G A S P , Holy cow Sandta(little dance) you the King of rings today,... Hats off(twice for that).

Today i went back to the beach that i got the 5 rings from...
What a miserable day it was... I got absolutely soaked :rolleyes:
Im not quite sure how to feel about the results
I surely must have been in the right spot , but didnt manage to find what i thought was almost certainly going to appear in my scoop
1431765863_image.jpg

$6.30 , a big brass hook of some sort , a lure , a shed load of sinkers , and a single junk ring :(
1431765769_image.jpg

Oh well maybe next time :lol:

Latest posts