Don't sell your Gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
China & Russia have been stockpiling huge amounts of gold .
Why ?
To take on the worlds reserve currency ~ US Dollars hegemony , the petrodollar .

The gold price through the Comex will then become inconsequential ( it's already mostly paper gold that's cash settled anyway )

What it all mean ? Gold should go up X5 in 2018 , and that's being conservative :party:
So hang onto your gold boys & girls .

7.62marksman said:
Ok i will ask the question
Not being a smart ass
How did you find this out

Thanks for asking :)
That information is on many financial websites , our media prefer news stories that misdirect what's of real concern it seems .

I'll get a link or two for you .

I liked this :Y:

1514381376_buffet-gold-maloney.jpg

5 x in 2018 :rolleyes:

Very big call , hope you are right !

While Buffet says " Many " will run to gold it is not necessarily what he will do if you study his track record . He is more likely to go contrarian !

1514409002_img_0426.jpg

I think North Korea's potential threat to the US and World peace is the most likely cause of a spike in the gold price in 2018.
If a major conflict occurs it has the potential to cause gold to quickly rally to an all time high in both US and AUD terms. I would expect a price higher than $2000 AUD, under
a major conflict with a potential nuclear strike. How long the conflict lasts for and how bad the consequences would be for the planet is unknown but if North Korea suffered an early defeat i suspect gold would return to a more normal current price range.

Potential Economic meltdown as predicted by many?
Well thats lots of evidence pointing to some major turmoil ahead in economic terms for many.
Exactly when that occurs and how bad the outcome will be is also unknown?

Under the worse case scanerio i would expect a rapid rise in physical gold price and a total collapse of paper gold manipulation and possible major turmoil with crypto as well.
If you study up on what occurred in the 2008 financial collapse the world was hours away from every bank and financial institution on earth collapsing, including Australian Banks.

The problems that led to those events still exist have not been fixed and there is significant risk that a major negative event will occur in the not so distant future.
This time almost all asset classes will be affected, Cash will be worthless, Equity markets will collapse, the bond market will collapse and property prices will fall.

FOOD, FUEL will increase out of control. Insurance industry will cease to exist, crime will be the major industry.

Most likely our spineless political leaders will survive with their wealth while the average Aussie suffers.
You will need a significant amount of Gold to survive until the world got over it.

Outback said:
Moneybox said:
Some of us need to sell our gold to be able to afford to go looking for gold :)

Yes I can understand that , maybe I can pay a bit better then the refiners ?
What do you need per gram $$ :)

Thanks Jack but we sell it privately and so far have averaged $61 per gram. These scare tactics really help keep the price heading in the right direction. Look at Bitcoin. Who in their right mind would spend $1500 on something that is actually nothing. Well not really nothing.

Here's a photo of a Bitcoin :)

1514450174_bitcoin.jpg

We originally got a quote from a refiner and decided to sell elsewhere. The hardest part is choosing the ones to sell. Mrs M has a few favorite nuggets that I can't pry from her grip. Perhaps one day we'll find something bigger so that I can talk her around on the few we have left.

Here's a photo of Gold :)

1514450246_golden_flakes.jpg

See the difference?

about 4 years ago, i received a cold call from an american accented person , with a chinese name and trading in gold, he was located in germany.
gold was then $1139 dollars an ounce the market fluctuated up and down on a daily basis, and rose to around $1700 per ounce, then it started to slide back down , the man was trying to get me to but 10 x $1000 shares which would be sold in 3 months for the market value of the gold. One could make good money on a rising market, research suggested gold would reach $2500 within 12 months and perhaps a world conflict might drive the price up, a bloke i worked with bought gold on the futures market , made and lost money but he was positive on his trading technique, so how long has gold been the basis for the world economy to trade with , in 1972 gold was $350 an ounce, its been around for a long time and is scarce, man can't make it, not like the new stuff called bitcoin , in my humble opinion a pyramid currency, riven by greed , some will make a fortune but at the end of the journey most will loose do you remember the avatar stuff that was popular in the internet years ago, all virtual possessions like land, islands, cities , don't hear about it these days, the younger generation are into gaming and can make some money out of it,
I have a 747 parked out back years ago the quick way to wealth was buying a seat on the airplane , each time the captain left with a hit load of money you moved closed to the cockpit , remememder that rage ,
at the end of the day gold has been around for a long time , cant be made , and has been used to up port the paper money wealth of a country I think I will keep my gold until it really time to sell it

Outback said:
7.62marksman said:
Ok i will ask the question
Not being a smart ass
How did you find this out

Thanks for asking :)
That information is on many financial websites , our media prefer news stories that misdirect what's of real concern it seems .

I'll get a link or two for you .
Read and learn 7.62....look at a few aussie gold shares they wont break your bank....but will have some tremendous upside this comming year!

Moneybox said:
Outback said:
Moneybox said:

Thanks Jack but we sell it privately and so far have averaged $61 per gram. These scare tactics really help keep the price heading in the right direction. Look at Bitcoin. Who in their right mind would spend $1500 on something that is actually nothing. Well not really nothing.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3960/1514450174_bitcoin.jpg

We originally got a quote from a refiner and decided to sell elsewhere. The hardest part is choosing the ones to sell. Mrs M has a few favorite nuggets that I can't pry from her grip. Perhaps one day we'll find something bigger so that I can talk her around on the few we have left.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3960/1514450246_golden_flakes.jpg

See the difference?
Looks like corn flakes to me!

iamagoldenoldie2 said:
about 4 years ago, i received a cold call from an american accented person , with a chinese name and trading in gold, he was located in germany.
gold was then $1139 dollars an ounce the market fluctuated up and down on a daily basis, and rose to around $1700 per ounce, then it started to slide back down , the man was trying to get me to but 10 x $1000 shares which would be sold in 3 months for the market value of the gold. One could make good money on a rising market, research suggested gold would reach $2500 within 12 months and perhaps a world conflict might drive the price up, a bloke i worked with bought gold on the futures market , made and lost money but he was positive on his trading technique, so how long has gold been the basis for the world economy to trade with , in 1972 gold was $350 an ounce, its been around for a long time and is scarce, man can't make it, not like the new stuff called bitcoin , in my humble opinion a pyramid currency, riven by greed , some will make a fortune but at the end of the journey most will loose do you remember the avatar stuff that was popular in the internet years ago, all virtual possessions like land, islands, cities , don't hear about it these days, the younger generation are into gaming and can make some money out of it,
I have a 747 parked out back years ago the quick way to wealth was buying a seat on the airplane , each time the captain left with a hit load of money you moved closed to the cockpit , remememder that rage ,
at the end of the day gold has been around for a long time , cant be made , and has been used to up port the paper money wealth of a country I think I will keep my gold until it really time to sell it

NEVER send your hard earned money offshore to some scammer on the phone....nomatter how convincing they sound!

Golden Emu said:
Moneybox said:
Outback said:
Moneybox said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3960/1514450174_bitcoin.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3960/1514450246_golden_flakes.jpg

See the difference?
Looks like corn flakes to me!

1514507132_img_4708.jpg

Yeah Golden Eagle you're like me. My wife keeps telling me "You've gotta read the whole thing". :cool:

Bitcoin is the same, it's all in the packaging :)

A few words of wisdom from Warren Buffet's address to the shareholders of Berkshire Hathaway recently .

On gold and cryptocurrencies:

For every dollar you have made in American business you'd have less than a penny of gain by buying into a store of value that people tell you to buy every time we run into a little pain, Buffett

It's tempting to want to embrace a flight to safety by buying gold, but it's rarely a good idea, according to Buffett.

Note : $1.00 invested in Berkshire in 1965 is worth $2.5 million today . Reckon he knows what he is talking about :Y:

Latest posts