Do what you can while you can

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:Y: Speedy recovery dave the older we get the more we understand we have to maximise the time we have left.best wishes to ronnie and hope we meet up in the bush again one day .
Jim&robyn :Y: :power: :perfect:

Ridge Runner still alive Covid didn`t get you ``Cool.``
Good one Dave still kicking.
Yep ! the 50`s sorts them out `i` cannot believe how many locals have dropped off the perch.
Evidently though most of them drink at 10 am.
The local barmaid said recently ``you know All that group that were in at 10am ?
There All dead.
`i` said well you cannot keep drinking every day at that hour and expect to live for a long time.
but hey a mate just had a heep of Gallstones taken out & he doesn`t even drink.
Another mate who thought he had a beer gut just had 7 kg of cancer pulled out of his belly.
You just never know / who / what / or where.
Such is life.
Enjoy every moment the odds of even reaching 50 were against you.
Be happy with every breath.
First thing we do / Last thing we do.

Bush.

You have to realise there are 24 hr working days out there. Can make you think an early "starter" can be a night shift worker on his way home-same as an 8-5er at 6pm.
I used to pick some of them from Spencer St. and home to Fawkner quite regularly when I drove Yella cabs part time at 0630.
Tipped well.

Jaros said:
You have to realise there are 24 hr working days out there. Can make you think an early "starter" can be a night shift worker on his way home-same as an 8-5er at 6pm.

Can second that Jaros, did shift work for 31 years. My self and two work mates used to hit the beaches at 0730 with our detectors. We would have a few beers in the car fridges to help us through the couple of hours detecting. We gave it away when the 0.05 alcohol limit was brought in.

Bummer hey!!!!

I used to drag my father at 6-30pm MF to come home and have dinner and sleep from the Springvale Hotel. What an intersection to get across as a kid and guide him home.
Never went so smoothly because all they did was fight -every night . I worked rotating shifts at the main exchange for 5-7 yrs. We also only had 2 people on the PM and Night shiift.
Good money =shit of a personal life. :(

Latest posts