Divining rods for sapphire hunting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I tried to put in two pics, try again day 1 for one small piece.

I met a local who swears by his aluminium rods and another who ha what looked like fencing wire. Both have small operations in Rubyvale. Both said I had to go deeper. Which I did.
My opinion is it would be easier on my back if we just ised the bags of wash advertised everywhere. At least you get results and time to sit back and have a beer instead of dehydrating in a dry creek.
Cheers.
Badge.

🏐 .. Just like the ''Power of Crystals'' .... Some things I have seen are just plain Strange......👀 👀
🏆
Some People have "It" and some Don't....✨✨✨

LW...

When I was a kid, perhaps 55-60 years ago we had a crystal radio. No batteries or electrical connection just a small crystal for perpetual radio reception.

for those who believe in divining, I've rod sets for sale... $25 / set
for those who dont believe, your $25 up on me

When I was a kid, perhaps 55-60 years ago we had a crystal radio. No batteries or electrical connection just a small crystal for perpetual radio reception.
No magic going on there though. The crystal just acts as a diode & were later replaced with germanium diodes (but still known as crystal radios) then modern diodes, more power, amplifiers, greater reception etc. to be able to produce volume through speakers & more + clearer reception.
Crystal radios still use power but at the very low voltage present in radio signals, thats why you would have used a high impedance earpiece to hear it - not enough power to drive speakers or modern low impedance headphones etc.
I made one in primary school but unfortunately no longer have it.

for those who believe in divining, I've rod sets for sale... $25 / set
for those who dont believe, your $25 up on me
I have coat hangers for $25 each. You cam use them to do thw same thing, but they also help if you wanna hang a shirt🤣

Some things will never change. The Earth was flat once, and only a select few understood that it wasn't. Divining rods are no different.
I've learned a few things since my trip started and then finished suddenlt thanks to Mrs Badge having a fall.
1. Sceptics will always be sceptics.
2. Sceptics don't have the mental capacity to use diving rods, just incase they might work.
3. A very valuable and cheap lesson on how to identify sapphires from a Rubyvale local.
4. Dig deeper when you have found nothing first try.
5. Always carry a larhe piece of corundum to scratch what you have found if in doubt.
5. Don't feed the animals at the zoo incase they bite.

I had what I would class as a fruitful trip. The rods led me to some sapphires albeit very few and very small. And when I return I'll be spending some prime time with a certain local who gave me a few tips, including advice on using the rods and understanding the feel/vibrations.

In all I ended up with well over 100 sapphires of cutting size ( not cutting size for me but Lamberts in Thailand mainly) but the vast majority was from a bag from Armfest.

Cheers.
Badge.

Pic 1.From Armfest.
Pic 2. 4.35 ct green and blue.
Pic 3. A Pink.
Pic 4. My results. A mixed bag.

Attachments

• IMG_4057.JPG
    IMG_4057.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4073.JPG
    IMG_4073.JPG