Dirty and wet

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Up early today, 6am and at an old tennis courts that i found on the 1960s live maps google! I can put google maps on then move 1964 over live maps, if that makes sence! Any way i can see exactly where the courts were and most importantly where the seats and tables used to be! Found a heap of 1c 2c 20c and a few $1 coins! By 9am my pants around the knees and lower legs were completely wet from the morning Dew, and my hands and finger nails were black and caked in mud from digging! Even my detector is dirty so is the pinpointer and digger. So how do you guys wash up before going home? Might get some thin gloves and a towel! But thats more crap to carry! Cheers

you should wear gardening gloves to save getting cuts. Put a towel on your carseat, and maybe carry baby wipes if your fussy.

I just hose my detector down as the CTX is waterproof, don't do that with non waterproof units though. As Rocket said about gloves, I usually wear 1 glove as it saves the fingers from getting too filthy and or cut.

Toughen up n keep detecting till your dry, then the mudnshit rubs off easy. :lol:

But really, I find the tight fitting safety gloves are better than gardening gloves as you lose less dexterity. They are about $10 from Bunnings/safety shops or free from work if they use them.

As stated above, I also use the Michael Jackson method.

Latest posts