Detecting Agreements With Your Buddy.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, 50/50 is always a mistake.

What i find, i keep, what they find they keep, If someone gets shirty over my gold finds, It'll be the last time we're ever on a gold field at the same time.

I've actually been called "greedy" for making this clear to hunting buddies that i don't do 50/50, which is hilarious, Its not greed to want to keep what you find, Its greed to expect someone else to give you half of what they find..

Finder keeps the gold, keep it simple. When you talk and arrange a get together it's about spending time with people/friends who share the same interests it's not about the value of your finds and who's entitled to a share. If that's how others want to go about it I won't be attending.

If anyone really wants to split the monetary value of finds I will have my solicitor write a legal contract and others will have to sign it before I leave home. In reality it ain't gunna happen, stuffed if I'm going to waste my time.

Finders keepers , I am all ways happy to see people finding gold, on the odd occasion I detect with someone else if they find it good on them, when it's all said and done we choose where we detect and all have the same chance. if there not happy to do that then they can go there own way, no problems. Gold does do funny things to people as does winning lotto. Have heard of people who get nasty with others detecting on a beach because they claim it as there domain, yep some mothers do have'em. :(

As member above said, If someone values gold over your association with them then I think its a cheap lesson, no matter how much is involved.

I think a key part is how your may be detecting; out for a swing with a mate, be it a day or maybe a few more

VS

Sharing fuel / expenses / funding equipment / camping and possible lease etc.

Once you start to enter into financial arrangements = it is something more than a fun trip swinging AND hard legal documents need to be in place..

I think it is the best way

I find it its mine
You find it its yours

And before you loose the plot over this comment just think about what you are going to say and if you think i am talking s*&t
then there few people on here that will back me up and know that if i was onto the gold (which was always) when we were allowed to use highbankers at Oallen Ford then i would let them dig in the same hole as me i would still come home with a gram +
I dont give a rats its mateship and some colour at the end of the day

my point is if you are being lucky the why not SHARE
saves bad blood between friends

Nightjar said:
We struck up a four way agreement back in 1990, unfortunately it is three way after the passing of a lifetime mate. (R.I.P my old buddy)
We shook hands on four way split when dryblowing and keep what you find while swinging a detector. There has never been a disagreement.
Do wish photos had been taken when dryblowing, all the gold was piled up on the table and using a knife it was divided into 4 sections. Never bothered with scales, never disputed, we were out to enjoy the life not let greed enter into the lifestyle.

Wish I could have been there to see that. Sounds like a whole other world.

I have a handshake agreement with an adjoining farmer regarding grazing of sheep. It's worked well for both of us for 20 years.

50/50 doesn't work.
There is always someone who gets too tired or can't be bothered swinging as much as the others. Yet they still want their share.
Keep what you find. Share fuel costs and expenses'
If someone gets miffed because they are not finding but you are then let them go and do your own thing.
Someone may have a better detector and find more and then they have to split their finds and that can cause rifts too.
Just DON"T agree to split 50/50. It will not work for 99% of people.

Years ago I had a tag along buddy who just liked to go out and watch (no detector) but when he hinted that he should get the next nugget I found I decided that was it and he was not invited along again.

You want problems? then enter into and agreement....

Simple. What i detect is mine. What the other bloke detects is his. If one of us finds a signal deep down and we have to dig a great big hole together and find a prize at the bottom of the hole .then we share it. The reason being , we both earned it. I believe if you found it ,it`s yours and if we find it together , it`s ours.

G'day

Over the years I have always been happy to share my spots and have helped many people get their first gold but in some instances I have also paid a high price for my generosity, regardless of what you may think I can tell you from first hand experience that people do change when gold is involved, your spots become theirs and then their friends and so on, I have been back to a number of old patches that I originally found and have shared with so called friends, I do this from time to time to try out new gear as its the best way to determine if say a new coil is an improvement on a previous model and so on, when I have done this in the last couple of years I have found many of these spots have been recently worked so I know that one of these people or the friends they have shown the place to have been there.

Some people are what I call lazy prospectors and will just spend all their time going to spots that others have found and shown them, but never actually doing what I do which is spending time and money looking for places, sometimes I have spend days or even weeks walking areas to find productive spots just in the end to have others just hand it over to anybody they know, one particular bloke invited anybody who would listen in the Cue caravan park out to one of the spots that I showed him to big note himself, I know this because another mate was there and told me about it, he was with us the day we went there and also heard me say that to keep it to yourselves, not that I begrudged them going there but in this day and age any productive spot is becoming rare and if you tell too many others next thing the place has been vacuumed clean as was the case in the end.

I went to a remote area recently where I had several old patches, this was not a place well frequented by others, but lo and behold every spot had been recently worked and holes left unfilled, I know who it would have been and this sod is a greedy lying ass wipe with no scruples, and to top it off he's a millionaire but so so hungry for the gold, he would sell rats asshole to a blind bloke for a wedding ring, so you cant tell me that even well off people cant be affected by the greed that gold infects people with.

My advice is keep it to yourself unless you have no intention of ever going back there, if you do want to revisit these spots then you can have the pleasure of going back to your places without the sinking feeling that comes from seeing these places flogged to death.

cheers

stayyerAU

StayyerAU said:
G'day

Over the years I have always been happy to share my spots and have helped many people get their first gold but in some instances I have also paid a high price for my generosity, regardless of what you may think I can tell you from first hand experience that people do change when gold is involved, your spots become theirs and then their friends and so on, I have been back to a number of old patches that I originally found and have shared with so called friends, I do this from time to time to try out new gear as its the best way to determine if say a new coil is an improvement on a previous model and so on, when I have done this in the last couple of years I have found many of these spots have been recently worked so I know that one of these people or the friends they have shown the place to have been there.

Some people are what I call lazy prospectors and will just spend all their time going to spots that others have found and shown them, but never actually doing what I do which is spending time and money looking for places, sometimes I have spend days or even weeks walking areas to find productive spots just in the end to have others just hand it over to anybody they know, one particular bloke invited anybody who would listen in the Cue caravan park out to one of the spots that I showed him to big note himself, I know this because another mate was there and told me about it, he was with us the day we went there and also heard me say that to keep it to yourselves, not that I begrudged them going there but in this day and age any productive spot is becoming rare and if you tell too many others next thing the place has been vacuumed clean as was the case in the end.

I went to a remote area recently where I had several old patches, this was not a place well frequented by others, but lo and behold every spot had been recently worked and holes left unfilled, I know who it would have been and this sod is a greedy lying ass wipe with no scruples, and to top it off he's a millionaire but so so hungry for the gold, he would sell rats bumhole to a blind bloke for a wedding ring, so you cant tell me that even well off people cant be affected by the greed that gold infects people with.

My advice is keep it to yourself unless you have no intention of ever going back there, if you do want to revisit these spots then you can have the pleasure of going back to your places without the sinking feeling that comes from seeing these places flogged to death.

cheers

stayyerAU

Happened twice to me with people i had taken out and they went back without my knowledge or the owner`s permission. Got kicked off both places for good.

Got my own spots now that i have never taken anyone to and i won`t step on anyone`s toes by going to their spots.

Latest posts