Depth Perception

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
how deep is deep, what is others perception of deep as we are all told this detector will find deep gold, i was never asked hat do i consider deep by the salesperson.

to my line of thought and what i see on you tube etc deep is anything greater than 1 inch?

my depth measurements i run by are anything up to 100mm deep is classified as shallow, anything greater than 300mm by the eyeometer is clasiffied as deep, of the 250 odd logged finds on my 7000 1 has been deep, a 26 gm found out near the 50 k patch near karratha, it went off like a rifle shot with the 7000 , 14 inch coil in HY,Difficult the go to mode for the pilbra i have found, it sounded the same as the other 2 1gm pieces found the same day, which were shallow, the 22gm, 12 gm 8 gm pieces that i found some 40k in from whim creek were all shallow also and went off like a rifle shot.

so what are other peoples perception of depth?

cheer and happy digging :power:

I've dug down 2 foot (60cm) in soft stuff. I've also dug the same depth in really hard ground, which really felt deep compared to the other.

It's all individual perception in my book and can vary each time you dig. :)

I think it's more to do with the size of the target, say a .1g piece of gold found at 6-8" I'd consider that target was found at good depth, yet a 2oz nugget at 6-8" deep I'd consider to be found at shallow depth.

Bob that owned Goanna Prospecting Equipment had a story to tell using the GPZ 7000.
If `i` have it Right eventually they used an excavator to extract the target.
I`m pretty shore the depth mentioned was 2400 mm / 2.4 meters.
I do not recall what size the nugget was. :trophy:
Someone here on PA may know the Story.

To stop perception of depth you could carry three pieces of string to check the depths, shallow, mid and deep. :playful: Also good for checking the weather.

Latest posts