deep south

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrook

brett
Reaction score
Hi all just a hi from the bottom of Victoria .
I guess I've been detecting on and off for 20 years ,started with a Tesoro diablo ,picking the tops off the mullock heaps to get below sd2000 !!! I depth found a few grams in the "good old days" but it's certainly getting harder .
Had some time off and came back to it again swinging a gp3000 now and slowly getting the hang of it Its a couple of hours to the nearest gold fields but I get out when I can
thanks Brett

Welcome to PA bbrook. just out of interest, where's the bottom of Victoria mate? :)

Thanks scrounger , sorry , I've upgraded my profile to show Warrnambool
closest diggings to me are Beaufort , Linton and Ararat

Hi scrounger , yep Ararat is about the same as Linton , closer than Ballarat .Had good luck in Beaufort , but its getting harder!!
wandered round in Enfield 35 years ago looking for bottles ,I couldn't afford a whites ,garret or bounty hunter back then !!

Hi AtomRat ,We do have good beaches down here (at least for surfing and swimming !) The only time I had the detector out on the beach was when I dropped my car keys!! It's very busy during summer so I'm sure people give it a go but not me , I love the little bits of lumpy gold and no-one looking over my shoulder!!!

Also the beach down here is growing so anything real old is well buried and inland! (including the Mahogany ship)

Latest posts