Decisions decisions..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasonc2861

Jason c
Reaction score
Finally have the funds to get myself a first detector,,,leaning toward the at pro,,,have read and read and then some,want it for beach hunting and relic hunting...
I've also seen the garrets on eBay for around the same price as local,,are these any different if bought from overseas.?ill be buying local for the service,,problems etc that my come up......any thoughts or advice appreciated!!

cheers fellas!!heeeeeeellllllppppp please! :D

Also had a look at the mine lab 305 up to the 705,, how do these compare to the garret?

G'day

I got a 305 for a bit of fun and it keeps amazing me. I had it picking up sub.1g bits of gold on the surface at 1". Had to swing it fast and max sensitivity but it was getting a signal! Doesn't punch very deep on the beach though so not my first choice for that and not for gold although they have an after market coil they say is for gold. Fun in the park though and tells you what your digging pretty well. Can't fault it for the price and has nearly all the grunt of the 505 and 705 plus you can get a kids shaft for it

Cheers

Chimpy

Thanks chimpy,,was looking at the 305,but leaning toward the at pro,if anything just to future proof a bit as wanting to hit the beaches more than anything at the moment.