Danny green vs mundine what's you thoughts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
To tell the truth I was hoping Danny green would win but I think it was a bullshit decision as mundane totally dominated him in my eyes , and a few others as well but anyway IDE get a beatin for a few mill if I could 8)

Didn't see it just read the paper, sounds controversial but I'm glad Green was awarded the decision. I'm not racist I'll get that straight before I go on. Mundine hasn't done anything with his mouth to date that I've heard that supports living in harmony. Mundine in my eyes is an agitator of conflict, maybe it's a circumstance of his upbringing. Most professional boxers put on a performance prior to a bout and leave it at that. Mundine's performance before any bout doesn't sit well with me. I'll give him credit he's consistent with his mouth and his hands, some personalities just annoy me and Mundine is 1of them.

I didn't see it either myself, other than the 'highlights' now being played.

Looked like Mundine took a cheap shot (almost a king hit) whilst green was being addressed by the Ump.

Anyone wish to clarify if it was actually different to how it now appears on the newsbreaks? (i don't trust the media ONE iota)

Otherwise,...were it a cheap shot, then that would also fall into line with Mundine's 'opportunistic' personality...

Can't add more than what RMO wrote....not a Mundine fan myself either.

GGA

I watched the fight. It was definitely a cheap shot, the ref had stepped in and stopped them. Green was looking at the ref when Mundine tagged him. Green was lucky to come back after that. But come back he did, in the start of the 2nd round. In my opinion Green dominated those early rounds after the 1st. By the 5th you could tell he was starting to slow down a bit, and Mundine sensed it and stepped up his game. Both of them seemed to be looking and waiting for the opportunity to throw a big 1 and win by KO, and this seemed to slow the pace down to. When there was an exchange, it quickly ended in a clinch. 8th round was pretty sloppy and both were stuffed as you would expect. I didn't think it would make it past round 5, before the fight started. Good on both of them for putting on a good show anyway. Probably the best summary I've heard of the fight is this. Green got robbed 10 years ago, Mundine got robbed last night. But it was the result I wanted to see, but not how I imagined it would happen. I think Mundine earnt some respect last night from the nation. I hope he doesn't lose it again by saying something he shouldn't.

I watched the fight, I have no respect for Mundine but plenty for Green and would have liked to see Green give him a flogging but Mundine won the fight and they would both know that, despite the decision. There was not much in it early on but Mundine clearly dominated the later rounds once he became the aggressor. The decision was obviously made with a third fight in mind, one judge even gave Green the last three rounds. Both fighters are clearly showing their age and for them to receive $10m each for their efforts is a disgrace to the sport and a triumph for Mundine's media manipulation.

Bah humbug! They are both in it to make money, nothing else. If they don't both retire gracefully now, well they will lose respect. I'll give Danny his due, after the fight he did heap praise on Mundine for all the world to hear.

Of course that cheap shot in the first round should have cost Mundine points. I've got no time for the bloke and that is one of the reasons why. To me that's the same as cheating. Danny was lucky to come back from that and the fact that he did, well IMHO it makes him a better man. He wasn't going to call it quits. Not that I necessarily agree with how much the got last night, but in terms of boxing, they earned.

And at least Danny Green tries to do some good for the community with his "One Punch" campaign. What do I see Mundine doing? Nothing much except whinging every opportunity he gets. Maybe he does do good things in his community, but the ordinary public doesn't seem to know much about it.

I watched both fights and in my opinion Mundine won both by at least 2-3 rounds each fight. I'm no fan of Mundine and i was hoping Green was going to knock him out early but that's boxing and i just hope they both hang up the gloves for good. Some fighters just don't know when to quit. GO Jeff Horn :D If you don't know him you will soon ;) Bring on Manny Pacquiao.

One of the worse fights I have seen, next on list was probably Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.

For the amount of money the fighters were making, someone really needed to hit a canvas... They should have kept them going instead of relying on points.

The match up for Quade Cooper made me laugh the most

C3pCVwVVUAMvXth.jpg

Quade Cooper and his opponent Jack McInnes. Looked a fair fight :rolleyes:

Creekbed said:
Who cares :rolleyes:

Two brain deads beating the crap out of each other for a group of small minded punters

Two brain deads? They made a reported 10 million dollars each for their efforts, hardly sounds like the actions of someone that was brain dead.
That sounds like the opinion of someone with a small mind.