Curious about mapping

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What_Trigger

Nathan
Reaction score
Hi all, just curious as to the typical fossicking maps you can download from the qld government on the right hand side and the actual maps from minersonline maps on the left which can actually give you coordinates on the boundaries etc.

In the map on the right as per the normal pdf download map the east boundary is north south vertical but the left map runs more SSW from north to south. Also both maps are set north is top.

So Im curious as to which page map is more correct? as im logging in all the boundary points into a gps and what may happen in the case of been pulled over for been out of bounds

Well Mr What-Trigger, I don't know that you will be challenged too much at Thanes Creek. But, the pics you have uploaded are very similar. Yes I can pick discrepancies but IF you were ever challenged I doubt you would have a problem. You are able to show that you have done your best to stay within the boundaries.
Many of them are`really best guess.

Happy hunting.

Thanks,
Thanes was just an example as it was the first i did and noticed. Also done Talgai in which had 37 waypoints. Just the 3 Durakai's to go, lol oh the fun.

The one on the right is only a locality map, so its just an indicator on the general area........I can't really see the one on the left that good, but it looks like the one I would be taking notice off if it gives co-ords.

If you took the one on the right, it could be seen as more "flexible" if challenged....

Latest posts