Crazies In The Outback?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as you don't meet this guy then its all OK.

1590810877_images.jpeg-8.jpg

Watch out because he may be on foot and you won`t see him. Just remember he is a good shot at long range !!!!

There was an exhibition with the vehicle and a few props from the series at the Mill markets in Ballarat about 2 1/2 years` ago. I don`t know if it is still going ,but here are 3 pics from 2017 that i took , including the barber`s chair he used for other purposes.

1590815625_wc1.jpg

1590815644_wc2.jpg

1590815665_wc3.jpg

just starting said:
Watch out because he may be on foot and you won`t see him. Just remember he is a good shot at long range !!!!

There was an exhibition with the vehicle and a few props from the series at the Mill markets in Ballarat about 2 1/2 years` ago. I don`t know if it is still going ,but here are 3 pics from 2017 that i took , including the barber`s chair he used for other purposes.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/14279/1590815625_wc1.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/14279/1590815644_wc2.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/14279/1590815665_wc3.jpg
Hmmmm..hahhhhhhhh.....mmmmmm....sit ere mate n ill give ya a shaaaaave....hah hah hah hah hah....

1590828856_images_1.jpg

After asking the original question, I am still following the thread..After the initial dodgy start, there have been some really interesting stories coming out...

Here in the UK, we had an area of sea marsh known as the Fens...Today much of it has been drained and is used for farming, but prior to that, even up to the 1950's, the place was considered a remote (by our standards) and some what desolate place to live. Some of the old-timers living there had a reputation for being backwards and almost feral.

Part of the problem was inbreeding..It seems that if a family lost mum, the eldest daughter would step into her shoes, and run the house and look after her brothers and sisters. It seems that in many cases, she also ended up sleeping with dad and was soon pregnant and having kids of her own by him...

This inbreeding went on for generations and didn't really die out completely until after WW2. I have hunted in the area quite a bit and even today you still see the odd local that look like an extra from Deliverence....

Pete E said:
After asking the original question, I am still following the thread..After the initial dodgy start, there have been some really interesting stories coming out...

Here in the UK, we had an area of sea marsh known as the Fens...Today much of it has been drained and is used for farming, but prior to that, even up to the 1950's, the place was considered a remote (by our standards) and some what desolate place to live. Some of the old-timers living there had a reputation for being backwards and almost feral.

Part of the problem was inbreeding..It seems that if a family lost mum, the eldest daughter would step into her shoes, and run the house and look after her brothers and sisters. It seems that in many cases, she also ended up sleeping with dad and was soon pregnant and having kids of her own by him...

This inbreeding went on for generations and didn't really die out completely until after WW2. I have hunted in the area quite a bit and even today you still see the odd local that look like an extra from Deliverence....
Don't panic....that's not an inbred local it's just Ridge Runner trying out his new camper....he's harmless :D

Where's my Sisterrr ??????
1590845710_screenshot_2020-05-30-23-33-55.jpg

(sorry I hijacked your picture JD3) :D

Well I must admit that I think we ran into a character that would be classified as crazy in the outback.

We were on our way out to do some detecting this morning when we came upon a detectorist that had stopped at one of the numerous old mineshafts on this property. He was caught in the act of throwing a bag of rubbish down the mineshaft. I stopped and gave him a well deserved mouthful but got a bigger mouthful back. Then he spotted my passenger, Madtuna, and the mouthful just got bigger. He must have upset Steve in the past. Got his number plate for prosperity anyway.

If grubs like this continue to do acts like that there is going to be less places where prospectors will be welcome. We don't mind if people doing the right thing but we get really cranky when they have the arrogance to blatantly do crap like that. He had a couple of other mates in tow who I would have to guess that they were ashamed of this blokes behaviour.

He did say he was cleaning up the rubbish he found out there but I can have a pretty good guess that all the rubbish was his. This prospector and his mates did not even let us know they were out there. Mustering is happening at the same time as well. This individual or his like are not welcome out here.

I probably could of written this better but it gets to me at times. Rant over.

Cheers

Doug

Know the bloke well...have had a number of run in with him over a few years.

Firstly I'll say we only have run ins with dicks, or people doing dick things like this unit was.
We don't have run ins with good people doing the right thing. We roll out the red carpet for them... rain water, camel meat, local knowledge and suggestions of where's worth a try etc..

Our attitude mirrors the respect they show us, the various lease holder and the land.

This guy is a dick! He dumps his rubbish down mine shafts which is an offense. You bring it in ...you take it out. He also blatantly prospects on other peoples PL's, and mining leases. That makes him a poacher, or a more suitable word - thief!

He straight out told me that he will go where he pleases, he refuses to send us a copy of his 40E or notify us of when he's on the station.
He is abusive, he arrogant. He's been spoken to by DMIRS and he is on their watch list.
He also reads this forum and gleans information but has not registered or participated. He will read this and he is a grub.

madtuna said:
Know the bloke well...have had a number of run in with him over a few years.

Firstly I'll say we only have run ins with dicks, or people doing dick things like this unit was.
We don't have run ins with good people doing the right thing. We roll out the red carpet for them... rain water, camel meat, local knowledge and suggestions of where's worth a try etc..

Our attitude mirrors the respect they show us, the various lease holder and the land.

This guy is a dick! He dumps his rubbish down mine shafts which is an offense. You bring it in ...you take it out. He also blatantly prospects on other peoples PL's, and mining leases. That makes him a poacher, or a more suitable word - thief!

He straight out told me that he will go where he pleases, he refuses to send us a copy of his 40E or notify us of when he's on the station.
He is abusive, he arrogant. He's been spoken to by DMIRS and he is on their watch list.
He also reads this forum and gleans information but has not registered or participated. He will read this and he is a grub.

So how come the police are not involved if this person is breaking the law so blatantly ? They not interested? Or is it just too much hassle to go down that route?

Latest posts