Cooma Monaro NSW Gold Location information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz

Buzz
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for the designated areas around cooma Monaro region for fossicking apparently there's 8 areas in NSW where no license or consent is needed, I tried emailing the dept. of mineral resources (nsw resource & energy) but haven't heard back from anyone and there online shop is not working.

Thanks Tathradj I'll look into them links. yeah I have to deal with numerous copperheads throughout summer and the Browns seem to be getting bigger every year.Also been followed by a couple of wild dogs which made me a bit uneasy.

Hi there just wondering if there's any places to detect around cooma? been hitting the creeks with the 7000, would like to go bush abit

Hi,
Does anyone know of any good Highbanker spots close to Cooma NSW ? After Gold and precious stones..

You could try Oallen Ford.
1456376560_1476364148.gif

Send me a pm mate pretty sure I'll be around sometime between 5th and 20th March if you can keep a secret I've got a little known spot just a reasonable distance from there if your local. Bit further down the road is also home to gems on a private river I'm excited to go back to.

Considering you are discussing Cooma, I would really appreciate if anyone has any information on areas surrounding Cooma for metal detecting. Have been to Cowra with no luck but will try again soon. Keen also to if anyone in the area that wants to meet for a detect. (NJJ - hope you didn't mind me jumping in on your thread).

Hi Winterwood, I don't mind at all mate. What type of detector do you have?

Hi NJJ. I have a gpz. Pretty new at the game but can say have found vic, NSW and wa gold, but should add total is very small :) . Working on changing that. I'm keen to find somewhere local to detect as get itchy feet waiting for trips away. It's a shame NP has locked out Kiandra. Do you detect also?

NJJ said:
Mate just sent you a PM, I hope I did it right this time, really want to meet up with you..
Just replied mate. With any luck our paths will cross been keen to get back in the area since the last time, got pushed out early in a summer storm but was on to some good gold.

Latest posts