Commonwealth Games opening ceremony

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madtuna said:
I do like the games, I was just very disappointed with the opening ceremony.

Not a table tennis fan either but well worth a watch on the 10th when little Welsh player Anna Hursey aged 11 starts her singles campaign. Youngest athlete at the games and slays opponents 3 times her age.

I was disappointed also with it.

Not surprised the opening ceremony was used by some to push their politically correct agenda. Honestly, politics and sports should never be allowed to influence each other for any reason.
I am sure that every non Australian that watched the opening ceremony was scratching their head and asking themselves what did I just watch , them Aussies are a wierd mob.... it is sad and distapointing that some so called Australians are hell bent on creating division with in society that only exist with in their warped perseptions. :N: :N: :N:

commonwealth games....a mini Olympic games for countries invaded by England. I dont watch it, not my cuppa tea, but have heard the noise about Pauline Hanson. She jumps on everything like this, right or wrong, she has become boring now.

But it reminds me of this great song :)
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpkGvk1rQBI[/video]

Smaller and tighter for me ;) ...................... bummer :eek: At the same time gave me more to smile about than the ceremony in general. I couldn't find the meter maids that the Gold Coast is renowned for world wide ???? :N:

The womens +90 kg weight lifting will be interesting........just saying...just putting it our there :eek:

madtuna said:
The womens +90 kg weight lifting will be interesting........just saying...just putting it our there :eek:
Sounds like that sort of thing lifts your bar a bit tuna. Each to their own.

Not at all. Not sure if its fair or how I feel about it. Its a strength sport after all.

Edit: for those that dont know, the kiwi girl is pretty much guaranteed a gold medal, there is no competitor that comes close.
She was once a champion male weight lifter.

Jaros said:
Maybe they should have a separate category for them as in the para-games athletics games? The Transgender Games?! :N:
That's actually not a bad idea. Otherwise it kind of defeats the purpose of having a women's competition.

Jaros said:
Maybe they should have a separate category for them as in the para-games athletics games? The Transgender Games?! :N:
Good idea, open to all transgender athletes.. we could have her, Cate McGregor who wants to play womens T20 and that ex swimmer Kardashian dudette all in one event but lets make it boxing. :Y:

Edit: probably harsh and all manner of wrong what I just wrote and honestly I have no problems with people who feel the need to change thier gender for what ever reason and some I feel genuinely sorry for but.....
This woman is a medaled champion male power lifter and has a distinct genetic advantage over her opponents and I dont think that is fair.

madtuna said:
Not at all. Not sure if its fair or how I feel about it. Its a strength sport after all.

Edit: for those that dont know, the kiwi girl is pretty much guaranteed a gold medal, there is no competitor that comes close.
She was once a champion male weight lifter.

So are you suggesting there has been some ball tampering? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts