Coiltek Mono Elite 11 inch V 14 inch

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought me posting a little review up on these coils might be a little cheeky of me as I am selling my 5000 with these coils but thought I will put it up anyway.

First thing I noticed was the 14" handled the hot ground better than the 11" as I thought it would being bigger and less sensitive but then really surprised me by being more sensitive than I thought, smallest piece with the 14" being 0.3 gram at about 4 inches. Now this patchs first piece was a 60 grammer at about the foot mark with the 11" and got just over 40 more grams off it with the 11". I had a GPZ with me for the day just to do some comparing and the SDC as well. First hour on the patch and I had marked 4 positive targets without scrapping the ground and changed coils on the 5000 back to the 11" to see how it went, the 11" only got one of them and the other 3 were very much maybes, then the GPZ over them and got all 4 and one in perticular was a very nice warble on the GPZ and a faint reverse on the 5000 with the 14". I dug this one first as it was the nicest sounding, 10 grams at a good 18 inches very solid chucky nugget. Then I moved onto the the target that all three got and it was the loadest with the 11" a 1.5 grammer at about the 8 inch mark. The other 2 targets were both about the 3 gram mark and down to about the foot mark which was very impressive as I don't remember my old Open NF 14 punching that deep on a sub 5 grammer. After a solid day of flogging the patch I returned the next day with the GPZ in hand to see if I could find a target with it the 5000 didn't see with the new tech coils. I got 2 targets with the GPZ that the 5000 with the 14" got but maybe only as I knew there was a target there. 5000 in Deep,Fine Gold, Audio Boost, RX Gain 20, Stabilzer 10 and Motion very slow. The GPZ was in Difficult, High yield and sensitivity on 15, the first target was nothing on the 5000, but a warble on the GPZ I had to use the crowbar and the SDC once the hole was dug and had to sit down as a 5 grammer came out at about 20 inches WTF? I was telling Peter (Gold City detectors) the story and he reckons I have been Zeded ha ha, The second target which the 5000 did return a slight signal that was repeatable was just over a gram at about 10-11 inches this really impressed me, if I didn't know it was there would I have got it with the 5000 who knows, but it was a responce in the headphones.

The 14" was quite stable even with the 5000 flat out but at these settings their was quite a few ground noise signals that needed un earthing just to make sure, and feel if I was keeping the 5000 the 14 would stay on the machine most of the time.

1459660640_20160325_195508.jpg