Coils for Halls Creek

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi fellas. Halls Creek in July, will have SDC,4500 with 14 elite, 15 x 12 mono and 11 DD coils. Have I got everything covered or should I purchase a 11 elite or NF 12 coil. Has anyone got a coil they would recommend for the ground around Halls Creek.

Gday Polky, Im hopeing to be there last 2 weeks of July, I will be running a 4500, hopefully with a 14 x 9 NF evo, or a 12" NF evo and a 15" NF Evo.
The 2 standard coils will be back ups.
July trip, Ive narrowed down to Tennant creek or Halls Creek. Halls Creek is getting a fair bit of attention thease days......

I too hope to be there in July, I have purchased an 8" mono for working around the spinifex. Still finalising Sect 40E permits. Keen to get NF evo 14-9 but still saving.

We were in Halls Creek last winter.

The sides of the wooded hills are reasonably open apart from tree litter.
Any size/shape coil would be ok there.

However, most of the flatter ground is heavy spinifex cover and (unless it has been burnt off) requires a smaller coil. I found the NF 14x9 just ok (my smallest coil), I reckon an 8" elliptical would be ideal.

Good luck with it all, the best gold is in the gullies but they were mostly too steep for my wonky old pins!
mike

Thanks for the info fellas.Think I will lean towards the 11elite. Hope to run into you fellas come July. Still doing research on areas to detect.

Polky.

Latest posts