chip shortage

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was talking to a mate who does engine reconditioning ,and he said that a parts supplier of his said that there is a world shortage of computer chips

he said that there is cars around the world sitting at service centers waiting for the chips ,and there is none ,he also said that a car maker overseas has already released a new model with a analogue speedo in it as there is no parts for it

his mate also said that it is not just cars that are short of parts it is everything that use chips ,that's why there is a shortage of electrical appliances

he said that it would be late 2022 before the chip makers have caught up on demand ,if there is no more hiccups

has any one else heard anything about this

The chip shortage wont worry me mackka ,had my 4 runner rebuilt 10 years ago ,got sick of electronics, had to much trouble with a ute i owned ,i had a look under the bonnet of a isuzu d max mackka and told the poor salesman he just lost a sale ,too much :poop: in there see you later and i walked out , the look on his face was priceless :lol:

sand surfer said:
I was talking to a mate who does engine reconditioning ,and he said that a parts supplier of his said that there is a world shortage of computer chips

he said that there is cars around the world sitting at service centers waiting for the chips ,and there is none ,he also said that a car maker overseas has already released a new model with a analogue speedo in it as there is no parts for it

his mate also said that it is not just cars that are short of parts it is everything that use chips ,that's why there is a shortage of electrical appliances

he said that it would be late 2022 before the chip makers have caught up on demand ,if there is no more hiccups

I think that car maker is Volvo-gone back to analogue.

A lot cheaper to replace those than a bag of chips with vinegar and chicken salt, dim sims, potato cakes, banana fritters-------I'm hungry for a spring roll and 2 potato cakes. :(

Mmmmmm. Potato cakes :drooling: I had a nice crispy one with Balsalmic vinegar on it this morning with my Coffee and a couple of fried dimmies :Y: It's our little Friday treat, after surviving another week of retail :coffee:

You can keep the spring rolls Jaros. I got a crook one at the Melbourne show when I was eight years old, and the thought of one ever since makes me want to puke :awful:

Mike678 said:
I am around 87 kg. my older brother was over130 kg. at one time , he is no longer with us ...... Went too early .

At 76 I have lived to a greater age than him .

Mike... my Dad said to me... loose the weight son.... look around you.... there are no old fat people.

:/ I'm :poop: 'n bricks here :D

we all will be up shyte creek if it does not rain in taiwan ,read a news story the other day saying they are just about out of water, they missed all the rain earlier in the year

sand surfer said:

People should stop feeding the seagulls.

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
sand surfer said:

People should stop feeding the seagulls.

Cheers

Doug

maybe some people should stop feeding the chooks and spend more time on news feeds

cheers sandsurfer

Latest posts