check your seives

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmeroz

Aaron
Reaction score
Hi all..

I was doing some panning in the laundry (as you do when the creeks are getting cold) with 2 buckets i got from up the road. I forgot to take the seive when getting the buckets of dirt for homework
So while panning i was casually getting out the larger rocks from the pan and i was checking them a bit harder than you do on site.

I have actually found a couple of rocks like this from the same spot.
1403690228_img_20140625_143048.jpg

So... thought id post the pic up just to remind people to actually check through the seives a little more. You never know what youll be throwing out.

On another note its actually interesting to see... this i guess is how gold travels down the creeks and beds slowly getting worn off the rocks in different spots.
Gives you a good idea of how you may only get a spec in one spot and nothing for a while...

Also on another point...

im also always checking bits of quartz carefully each time looking for the chance of some color, but as you can see its not just the quartz that can carry the color.

Have many others out there found similar peices with gold not in quartz?

They actually do stand out a bit. But iv proberly missed lots aswell.

Its funny how you spot them almost sub-conciously

A casual glance is all I give in the field, sometimes I may take the time to check a random few out, At home its a different story the loupe is out, the scrubber gets going and its game on.. I am yet to find anything as nice as your pic above.

Cheers, Tone

1403727915_20140626_061718.png

1403728043_2014-06-26_06.17.54.png

An example from picking over the rubble in the pan. XIV and I were picking over a pile of rubble up a hillside the other day, left over from a building site, plenty of blue stone, and volcanic pug, all showing traces of colour.. Now we need to find where Mumma load is.

Latest posts