Cheap GARRETT ProPointer on Ebay ??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about that,
SDC2300 Minelab detector
wayne050751 said:
Tathradj said:
Hi Wayne,
I am in Bega most days.
Send me an email and I will line you up and show you a
true garret Pin pointer.
Click on email under my Avatar.
I have one the same as you are looking for.
Quite happy with it's performance
but it sends my SDC mad if you bring it any where
near it.

Thanks Tathradj.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a SDC ?

cheers,
Wayne

Called a GP pointer. Chinese pinpointer based on the garret pointers i think. New off ebay.
Google gp pointer on youtube or ebay. Youll see what they are. Cheers

AngerManagement said:
I am happy to look at Pinpointers, but must admit; some can not be repaired as they are fully epoxied and no serviceable parts...

Black Garret = too much risk due to their issue with falsing. Evan after a repair the risk is high.

PF is epoxied and NO repairs...

All Detexnix, fully repairable = Nenad

Fake Garrets = Most do not power up the same as a real one... Not a true Pin-pointer = They act like a detector... If you have the shakes, then they work OK...

A true Pinpointer will keep sounding, even when the pin-pointer is dead still and on the target. The fakes all go quite...

Still do not like paying $$$$ for a small cct board that has 0.02c worth of components. Deteknix etc at least has USB recharge, Lipo Batery, rate led and a few functions... And under $200

The Garret and others still run 9V batries and some basic functions and > $200

The Go Find 20 or basic ACE has 110% more electronics in the screen and a coil and shaft and cost the same as the disposable $235 plus Pin-pointers = ROFLMFAO.. Why to we like getting done over.

SORRY Guys; just a Grumpy old man Rant LOL...

I've heard numerous people bemoan the black Garretts AM, the 'issue' with falsing is usually either operator error or slightly shorter batteries than those supplied with the propointer. Occasionally the solder cracks in the battery connections and this does happen and cause 'Bona fide' falsing. However most 'falsing' is usually something else entirely.

Black Garretts are not suited for mineralised ground such as the Golden Triangle but wet sand doesn't bother them at all!

Before you turn it on you hold the tip of the propointer to the ground and turn it on. Essentially ground balancing it to the location you're at.

This will fix 99.5% of 'falsing' and it is something many people fail to do.

Trust me I have 100s of hours with black garretts and I've had one in my arsenal since they were released. I have replaced one because I simply left it behind somewhere.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way but I do recommend people have the right tools for the job.

In my experience Minelab make great detectors but sh1t pinpointers. Maybe my minelab PF is a dud but it is an average pinpointer to be honest.

I have a black Garrett and I can't fault it besides the mineralised soil where it is basically useless. Very solid pin pointer. My mate drove over his one, dropped it in the ocean, left it on the hardlid of his ute and it flung off around a corner at 60km/hr. looks rough as but still works good as new.

I also bought one of the orange GP pointers from ebay and it is a very disappointing pin pointer. If turned on while pointing down it often just keeps beeping flat out. Depth is probably 20% of the black Garrett. Vibration is weak. It feels like if you dropped it from 30cm that it would break. I really am not happy with the wasted $50.

My opinion is to do what I did, and buy a 2nd hand proper pin pointer. I picked my black Garrett up for $100

Hi theres a Guy on eBay that sells Original Garrett AT for US $104 +Post, I have bought aGarrett Carrot and a Deus MI-6 from him His user ID is 2015-baneb, they are Based in Bosnia

wayne050751 said:
Hi guys, a born again detector just having bought a second hand Garrett AT Pro after
originally buying a Minelab Goldseekers something or other in the 80's.

Retired now so looking to spend some time with my youngest son having a bit of fun
out in the fresh air.

My location is south coast NSW.

My question today is there are cheap ($60+) Garrett PinPointer/ProPointer hand detectors
on ebay (China) for not much money as against a couple of hundred dollars purchased
elsewhere.

Am I comparing apples with apples here or are the cheap ones to be avoided.
Anyone bought one of these, and if so, how do you rate it's performance?

Budget is now limited after buying my AT Pro. Can anyone suggest a low price pinpointer
that does the job?

cheers and happy detecting
Wayne

Latest posts