Charters towers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can some one tell me is there any where in the towers close to town worth detecting as I will be there for Xmas with a day or so spare

I spent a few days there earlier in the year and found only the council land out of town a bit that was available for prospecting. This land I believe will soon be gazetted for the use of prospectors but at the time of my visit was hard earned information and somewhat clandestine. The fellow at the local detecting shop eventually let on and gave me directions. We found nothing but Charters Towers is a great place to visit with lots to see and do if you get into it and look !!.
Enjoy your time but I fear it will be a bit hot there at Christmas.!!

swifty said:
Can some one tell me is there any where in the towers close to town worth detecting as I will be there for Xmas with a day or so spare

Swifty
It will be HOT or wet or both, the council block is available & has been burnt off & roads pushed there is gold coming from the area.
cheers
Lee

Thanks both of you for your help I will look it up when up there and I know it will be bloody hot can't believe we are leaving Airlie to go to the towers for Xmas got love family cheers swifty

hi
gold has been found on council land only down side is plenty of powerlines using a dd in cancel or using a mono anti interfererce would be the way to go if u use a minelab machine
no shortage of hot rocks on that land either I know the place very well as I use to run cattle on their years ago before the council owned it

swifty said:
Thanks Mick where about in the towers is this council land
hi behind the gocart track on the flinders hwy before uhit charters on tville side just before the kart track there is a dirt rd on the left go in there cross the rail line turn right (follow the road around )there is several openings in the fence on the right hand side once u cross the railway line and hang right there is a opening in the fence where a set of gates were on the right the next opening is where the power lines are
kind regards mick

Thanks Mick one week to go before I get up there and have a look around maybe a photo of a little nugget next time I am on I wish cheers and merry Xmas to everyone

Latest posts