CAPTAIN COOKS ENDEAVOUR MAY HAVE BEEN FOUND

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time i see those small ships it amazes me how bloody brave they were heading off into the unknown in search of another frontier. I remember one year when i was fishing up off the coast north from Weipa and coming across that replica of the dutch ship? that sailed and explored that coastline, shite it was small. Great post Ramjet.

Jaros said:
You mean the Duyfken?
That's it Jaros. I remember they were anchored off the caostline and the young blokes and girls (students i think) acting as crew were dishevelled, dirty and covered in mozzie bites. They didn't look too happy not being allowed to go ashore :lol: :lol: It was that year when all the tall ships were coming to Australia i think, and or re-enacting the sailing along that coast for the anniversary of the original sailing.

SCROUNGER said:
Every time i see those small ships it amazes me how bloody brave they were heading off into the unknown in search of another frontier. I remember one year when i was fishing up off the coast north from Weipa and coming across that replica of the dutch ship? that sailed and explored that coastline, shite it was small. Great post Ramjet.

The things they had to do with no support, only what was on the ship or cut from the trees. Like Endeavour with Cook spent 6 weeks or so on a beach repairing a hole from the coral. Amazing stuff.

silver said:
Be a large proportion of Families here wishing it had sunk a few years earlier. ;)

Yep, I am pure english bloodline. So if he hadnt invaded, I wouldave been born in England.....now detecting ancient coins on pasture, and ploughed! Grrrr Capt Crook! Lol

Heatho said:
rocketaroo said:
silver said:
Be a large proportion of Families here wishing it had sunk a few years earlier. ;)

Yep, I am pure english bloodline. So if he hadnt invaded, I wouldave been born in England.....now detecting ancient coins on pasture, and ploughed! Grrrr Capt Crook! Lol

Yes but our beer is cold. ;)

Good point Heatho!

yobskin said:
When i was in tonga i saw where they ate him??

I heard that they built a Mc Donalds over that spot as a monument :lol: :lol:
wombat ;)

Latest posts