Can't say I'm a newby to gold, though its been a while.....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
I was raised in Windeyer NSW. On a breezy night you could still hear in the distance the ghostly picks of the chinese on the edge of the Meroo. I used to swim in sections of the chinese water race that runs down the western side. My bestie used to live at the Eagle Hawk gold mine and his step-father worked it up until he died. On weekends my BF and I would go way up above the mine and bring down unprocessed ore that the miners brought out of the ground but could not crush due to the depression hitting in the '20s. We'd dolly it up and pan it in a 44gal drum. The traces we got were enough to buy parts for an old XP falcon we did up.

Now I live on the Snowy and my families interest is in Sapphires and other interesting stones, and to this I am most definitely a newbie. Its great to get the kids out and catching 'the fever'. More of it should go on - my mob aren't victims of the present time.

Glad to meet you all. May all your show lead to more.

Frostoss

QSL 504 Snowy River Station :)

G'day Frostoss welcome to PA, don't know much about rocks myself all the best when you get out there. Interesting childhood would have been a great experience :Y: bet your kids like hearing your stories.

Welcome Frostoss. I love that expression: "my mob aren't victims of the present time".
Well said - a great dad and true :Y:
I might just borrow that expression or, if covered by copyright, then just steal it :D
Best of luck out in our great Aussie fields with your mob!

RM Outback said:
G'day Frostoss welcome to PA, don't know much about rocks myself all the best when you get out there. Interesting childhood would have been a great experience :Y: bet your kids like hearing your stories.

Thanks RM. You and me both mate!
The kids get wide eyed some nights around the fire - have to reserve some of the "Gold Label" stuff till when they get older though..... ]:D

BigWave said:
Welcome Frostoss. I love that expression: "my mob aren't victims of the present time".
Well said - a great dad and true :Y:
I might just borrow that expression or, if covered by copyright, then just steal it :D
Best of luck out in our great Aussie fields with your mob!

Big wave to you Big Wave. In summer on the old CB I QSL (contact) a heavy waxer named Rowan at Moana Beach SA and also Ryan on the Sunshine Coast. When they aren't on the air they're catching waves.

Mate, free copyright on that term. Spread it thick!!!

Cheers

Latest posts