Can a thing of beauty help me find something of beauty?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willo

Ian Williams
Reaction score
G'day prospectors, after a session of detecting on a very windy day and having some trouble hearing the threshold on the 5000 and watching one of Lenad's great videos, where he recommended the Technics RP 1200 headphones, I decided invest in a pair. Received them via Amazon for about $160 dollars. Looking forward to trying them out in the goldfields soon. Its all about doing the things to tip the balance another 5 per cent in your favour.

The new headphones are a work of art and I thought it seems a pity to use them in the bush but good looking things do tend to attract others (hopefully a nice yellow colour).

Cheers Ian

1416557395_technics_head_phones.jpg

The way I see it is that if something is going to make your comfort level even better then it's worth the investment as you're more likely to use it more often and for longer periods of time......hence increasing your chances of achieving your goal (in this instance, gold).
On the flip side, no matter how good a product is supposed to be to help you achieve your desired goal, it can be the "You Bute" item that everyone else swears by, if it 'aint comfy and doing it for you then you aren't going to use it so it's not worth a jacks cracker.
Hope you find more gold than you can fit in ya pockets Ian, if you do please message me and let me know where the leftovers are :D

Paydirt said:
Tell the truth, you've gone all doof doof, sic phones man

My thoughts aswell.....thinking he has found some way to listen in on the ipod between threshold interuptions!

Smart and inventive Willo.

What Pete said is very pertinent though, if it helps with comfortability, enhances signal ID, and encourages longer sessions, its well worth it mate!

Cheers dude ;)

'frequency responce rates'...the more you spend the more you hear...if your trying to hear a sound thats frequency is higher or lower the the responce rate of your speakers, you simply wont hear it! :cool:

Maybe so, but if your theory is correct and your coil rates at 7.5kw freq response, you aint gonna hear those 18kw responses regardless of phones!

Metamorphic said:
Maybe so, but if your theory is correct and your coil rates at 7.5kw freq response, you aint gonna hear those 18kw responses regardless of phones!

i dont know anything about detectors but if they were my thing then ide definately be using the ducks nuts pair of MONITOR headphones :cool:

Paydirt said:
Tell the truth, you've gone all doof doof, sic phones man

i burnt about 8 years on dj/doof production, after about 3 years i finally got sick of cops and noise complaints everywhere i moved so i finally burnt $500 on some sennheisens because neighbours just dont like sharing the air :lol:

Hey Willo I wonder if Technics will send me a pair of Technics RP 1200 headphones for free to try out with my ACE250 so they can break into the cheaper end of the market(1/2 the price of a detector), I'd be willing to give it a go for them and give an unbiased performance review within the Treasure Hunting department.

silver said:
Hey Willo I wonder if Technics will send me a pair of Technics RP 1200 headphones for free to try out with my ACE250 so they can break into the cheaper end of the market(1/2 the price of a detector), I'd be willing to give it a go for them and give an unbiased performance review within the Treasure Hunting department.

G'day Silver, dont like your chances LOL but do you currently have headphones for your ACe250 as I have a spare unused, happy to pot it to you as it would be good to see them used!

Thanks anyway Willo, but I do have a nice pair from Dicksmiths that do the job very well for me(and they are only new). My only beef with them was the short cord when I unpacked them,...luckily I already had an extension cable to cater for that event in my arsenal of electronic spare gear. nice of you to offer though !

Latest posts