Camping Toilet

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bundyjd said:
Jaros said:
You still buy Phenyle (memories of the outhouse way down the back of the yard) at Bunnings I see.
:p

Or keep a small bag of lime next to it.

Jimmy's thunderboxes are good, but not as cheap. Dig a hole, sit the thunderbox over it and drop in a biodegradeable liner bag. When your done just fold down the bag and fill in the hole. Best part is it folds up flat. Also less chance of falling off it, well less than the bucket anyway.

Edit: Here's one in all it's glory

http://www.2daloo.com/images/photo.png

They look like a complete rip off of the Kookabura Bush Dunny, pretty much exactly the same. I've had a Kookaburra for the last 5 or so years, there the Coota. Dig a hole use it for a few days do the final back fill then relocate and start again, happy days. Don't forget to plant a stick to warn others after you've departed, part 1 of the final back fill.

Thunderbox has been around a few years too, so not sure who copied who. I happily bought the one that was made in a little Oz country town, couldn't seem to find out where the other ones were made.

BigWave said:
NJ, why ashes?

BigWave, Old method from early days, the ash dries out the contents, if there is no moisture there is no smell and no moisture no flies. It helps the process if you don't pee in the bucket just no: 2's.

Just read an earlier post about the use of charcoal. We find the finer the ash the better, the type left around the overnight fire.

Nightjar said:
BigWave said:
NJ, why ashes?

BigWave, Old method from early days, the ash dries out the contents, if there is no moisture there is no smell and no moisture no flies. It helps the process if you don't pee in the bucket just no: 2's.

Just read an earlier post about the use of charcoal. We find the finer the ash the better, the type left around the overnight fire.

You mean the ash from under your swag :lol:

bundyjd said:
Thunderbox has been around a few years too, so not sure who copied who. I happily bought the one that was made in a little Oz country town, couldn't seem to find out where the other ones were made.

Jimmy's or Kookaburra doesn't matter, they are identical. The best part is the flat pack ability or maybe that's the 2nd best part :lol:

photo_zps8bda967e.jpg~original

RM Outback said:
bundyjd said:

Jimmy's or Kookaburra doesn't matter, they are identical. The best part is the flat pack ability or maybe that's the 2nd best part :lol:

Not really - similar design maybe, but not identical. Top of kookaburra is made somewhere in asia out of abs plastic, top of the thunderdome is made out of mdf by a bloke in a shed in Victoria. ;)

And Gravity, that's just wrong....

blisters said:
I got one of those from BCF and it's been really useful for the ladies and kids. Dunnyo why I had to empty it when I didn't use it though :|
Jon

I feel your pain.

RM Outback said:
bundyjd said:

imagine forgetting to clean and flat pack your s :D h :D i :D t ...... LOL

I got one of these from an American agent (not them but same product in review below camo version) - http://www.cleanwaste.com/markets/military#pop

It is in one of my best purchases. You have a couple of options, use the chemical bags if in areas that you cannot leave any waste. These bags are very clever and you do not have ANY of the nasty emtying issues with other porta loos.

The other option is remove the mesh (underneath) and dig a hole and you long drop :8 out in the bush this is the choice. Folds up light weight and super strong, never ever felt like I was going to topple or become unsteady (argh) also washable etc...

That is my 2c worth if anyone wants to spend a few extra dollars than the standard $20 - $40 but not in the hundreds this is an excellent choice.

Another review - http://authorityzonedemos.com/camping/cleanwaste-go-anywhere-portable-toilet-review/#more-33

The mention of the legs is understandable, they are tight to undo and if you are not careful you can get pinched when they fold, trust me you only get pinched once 8.(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts