Camping on a Mine Lease Qld

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diggerman60 said:
Come on guys we need some more supporters! The petition is at 474 ! There must be more people and partners out there to help the petition. The mine and the tourists application has gone to advertising till the 21/1/19 for objections, then I will know more .

Cheers
Gary
That's about one in thirty members :awful:
It's the apathy that allows them to close us out
Best of luck with it all DG MAN :Y:

Just an update on the RED TAPE, The submission time for Objections closed on Monday 4.30pm the 21/1/19! I received 6 Objections from local cow cockies, So now I have to proceed to the land courts and state my case. We have gained 702 signatures and not a lot of comments why we want it! More comments would greatly help the cause!
Thankyou to everyone that signed and commented.
The main objections are -
They think everyone will wonder off the 65 acres onto neighbouring land and other properties.
The risk of Fire from unsupervised campers.
The impact of pets that escape into the wild.
And that campers may scare the cattle away.
Campers leaving rubbish and waste to blow away and pollute the water ways and country.

These are only common sense to over come with a few camping rules applied like anywhere else!!
They think a Mine Lease should be for Mining only and the station owners have the right to allow campers / prospectors or not on the land!
Bull S*** They only lease the land for the grass for the cattle and have no right to the minerals under, MINERS lease it for the minerals and should have the right to let prospectors fossick on our mine lease if we want!

Anyway enough ranting on, I will continue the fight !!
More signatures and COMMENTS would help. will keep you updated.

Gary
Golden Spear Mine

Update!!! We are still progressing through the Land Courts, but we now have a date for a Mine site inspection, and a final hearing in early September 19. Fingers crossed ? we might be open for camping ? and prospecting :goldpan: :goldnugget: very soon!! Thank you for all that signed our Petition and words of support.
Golden Spear Mine
Gary

Hi everyone, I know everyone is waiting to hear about camping on Golden Spear Mine, so this is the update! I had the last Land Court meeting today with a lot of resistance still from the cow cockies, The Judge ? will send her recommendations (Yes or No or if there are restrictions) when she gets time over the next few weeks. No one is in a hurry except me by the looks!! So much red tape just to help give people a safe place to camp and fossick.
Anyway I will let you all know when I hear the outcome.
Cheers
Gary

Latest posts