Calls for a New Australian Bowser Tax

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have only got ourselves to blame. Lots of countries have plenty of oil and want to sell it. But Australia supports opec which is a cartel that fixes production to increase price and at the moment demand is very low but the Saudis are pumping out oil really cheaply to destroy the Americans fracking oil industry because unlike Saudi it is a more expensive process to get it out of the ground there. We have got ourselves into this situation and a new tax won't achieve anything but will make some happy no doubt.

Sounds like a lot of fear mongering to me. If, if, if...

Just in the last month, I've seen the petrol price at my local servo rise and fall by over 20 cents a litre - overnight!

They're talking about it rising by 1.12 cents a litre to shore up our reserves. So what? I pay an extra 56 cents to fill up the tank.

Don't really see this as a major concern, and adding all those "what if" dilemmas in that story, was typical of reporting based on fear these days.

Cheers,
Megsy

I think it'll cost a bit more than 56 cents extra if it goes up by $1.12.

"With other initiatives this could cost some $3.7 billion which would be passed onto the consumer through a 1.12 cents per litre pump tax adding 56 cents to the price of filling a 50-litre car."

It's cents, not $1.12 per litre.

Latest posts