Cairns Meetings & Miners Den Closing.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As I'm sure many cairns and local prospectors have heard the Miners Den Cairns will soon be closing. :(
Friday the 30th of September will be Georges last day of trading.

The business will be moved to townsville and merged with Gold city metal detectors from charters towers.

For us prospectors further north it means we will have to order any needed supplies online for now.

George will be retiring and spending more time with his family and out and about detecting again. :cool:

These events also affect the regular meetings for local cairns prospectors which have been traditionally held at the miners den.
Between myself and Gregupnorth we have been trying to come up with some sort of plan to keep things going.
We are also exploring the possibility of joining with the townsville metal detecting club but nothing certain yet.

Hopefully there will be someone soon who will open a new miners supply shop in town to fill the gap. :|

In the interim we will continue to hold meetings but unsure where as yet.

Will keep you all posted,
TGW.

That is a bummer, George has given us in NQ great friendly service for all our prospecting needs for yonks, when detecting for gold was just a "pup", before that we sourced from "down south". Wish him the best in his retirement.

Hi. I am just starting out and would love to come to any meetings in the Cairns area. I did the permit online a few weeks back and have been panning ever since. Would love any location suggestions? :D

Latest posts