Bunnings 2.2 HP 11,000 lph 2 stroke pump

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cuckoowaif said:
Make sure you always carry spare spark plugs .... 2 Strokes tend to foul plugs if you run the motor speed below it's designed powerband . So controlling the water flow may be tricky . Let us all know how you get on though , because that price is certainly tempting . I will be needing a pump sometime soon .
Steve .

Water flow would be easily controlled through a ball valve tap on the outlet port of the pump, or if you have to reduce the flow rate that much via the tap, you can put a Y tap in so that instead of slowing the flow backing up into the impeller housing, the excess water just flows out a waste hose back into the water source

Ive got 4 x 4 stroke pumps a 2 stroke lawnmower that starts first pull every time 8 years old. 2 stroke leaf blower. At the end of the day 2 strokes get the job done thats why every manufacturer makes 2s and 4s. Lucky we have a choice I reckon.

If you look after and maintain your machinery, run them with some thought then why so much debate?
Lets face it, how hard is a noise plate or muffler to buy or make??
Yup, 2 strokes are louder and may foul but work smart and you eliminate a key issue or two turning it into a machine worth using as opposed to snubbing it based on other opinions.
Ive seen 1st hand the effort golddigg goes to in order to have a grade working tools of the trade.
Thats my 2.1 grams worth

KoD

I've used a two stroke pump for a few years now, never had any problem with it, it starts straight away everytime. Even after bouncing around in the back of the vehicle for 6months stints in WA over winter.
Mine only weighs 4.5kg, much lighter than any 4 stroke.
90% of the problems people have with 2 strokes they cause themselves by wrong fuel mixtures or incorrect starting procedure.

DD

Hey Diggerdude, that little subaru is a 4 stroke though isn't it?

I have a Dolmar whipper snipper, ten years old and still running its original sparkplug. One thing my old man taught me is two strokes have to be run flat out, they love it - and sure enough....

Personally I'd rather not have a 2 stroke screaming within 100m of me when I was in a creek - but a bit of flexi hose into the creek and keeping it to 50:1 on the fuel would make it acceptable...

My stihl chainsaws are 2 stroke and have run for 10 years and still run. Nothing wrong with a quality 2 stroke. Reliability isn't the issue as you can buy quality in both engine types. The main advantage of a 2 stroke is they offer high power per cc which is why they're used for lightweight applications. Try lugging a 4 stroke chainsaw around. Running a 2 stroke exhaust into water would quiet it down significantly.
Everyone knows this is how nasa quietens down the space shuttle on launches.
Want to avoid running emissions straight into the stream/river you can place the exhaust outlet in a bucket of water instead.
I'd personally spend the extra on a four stroke simply due to the improved fuel economy and lack of premix required but my budget isn't that tight.

I run a Marayama 2 stroke whipper snipper for work...lawn maintenance.

Over 2K hours on that machine now over 3 years...same plug as when I bought it.
I run without earmuffs as well...so a 2 stoke pump would not bother me in the slightest

Ben78 said:
Hey Diggerdude, that little subaru is a 4 stroke though isn't it?

I have a Dolmar whipper snipper, ten years old and still running its original sparkplug. One thing my old man taught me is two strokes have to be run flat out, they love it - and sure enough....

Personally I'd rather not have a 2 stroke screaming within 100m of me when I was in a creek - but a bit of flexi hose into the creek and keeping it to 50:1 on the fuel would make it acceptable...

Nah mate, that one I had when with you was a 2 stroke, runs fine on 1/3, 1/2 throttle.

DD

Latest posts